idle probs after flat battery

jade

Reaction score
hi everyone and thanks for letting me join, but ive scoured the net for a few days now looking for some help. hoping someone here can relate to my problem, it all started with my battery draining itself flat over nite, i located this to being somthing in the drivers window mechanism, even after the engine is switched off i could hear a clicking in the door area, and my window was sticking, i manged to free this and replaced the battery which solved this problem, but needed to jump start the car as the new battery was a little too flat to kick it over, but since this the car now idles when sitting at lights or after gear change etc etc. when ever the engine slows down to 1000rpms it will fluctuate between 400 - 1000 rpms.

anyone have any ideas .. please help

p.s its T-reg audi 1.8T

Hey mate. My dad has this prob with his P reg A4 whenever the battery goes flat. What he does is re-program the key to the car by taking it to Audi and all is well again. After the 4th time he hasnt bothered and its just does whatever it wants at idle now!

I think thats what your problem is by what you've described.

Coss.

Throttle body adaptation/alignment?

Turn the ignition on (dont start) and leave it for 5 mins, turn off, then start as normal.

Driving the car should also adapt the throttle (50 mile cycle)

Or do it with vagcom.

I would try the VAG-COM route. Check the adaption is working (go to adaption and enter 060) But I would think you are looking at a replacment throttle body.

A