Volks AutosChris Nott
    Turbo is the only way....

Status

Remap boost levels - MTM

Hi Guys,

I have a MTM remap in my 2.0TFSI A3. The torque is amazing and I feel very happy with it....until someone told me today that MTM's remap goes up to 1.8 bars with average boost at about 1.4-1.5 bars. He also told me that Revo peaks about at 1.5 bars and that Revo is much easier on the Engine but with lesser torque.

I do not have a boost guage installed so I cannot tell if he is right.

Should I be concerned? Should I switch to Revo then....?
    A3 2.0T Sportback DSG.

Engine / Trans:
    K04, Unitronic Stg II+ & DSG Stg II, S3 Injectors and Intercooler, APR F/Pump. BSH Intake, Forge DV, Oettinger Turbo Outlet, Eurojet throttle pipe, Milltek TBE. SP Meth Injection.

Brakes and Suspension:
    Brembo 6 pot w/ 345mm slotted disks, TT front suspension, HPA Coliovers, OZ Palladio, 225/40/18 BS RE001

Others:
    S3 Front, Pedals, & Mirrors, 09 SB Skirts & LED Rear Lights, Original HID retrofit, Oettinger Roof Spoiler. Defi Turbo Guage, FBMFSW

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    hi , mtm always produce more torque with tuning than others.
    if the higher boost is worrying you i wouldnt let that get to you ,
    this would be a peak boost , somthing that you wont be at most of the time , and if the boost goes too high the engine goes into limp mode to stop the engine getting damaged , so if your not hitting limp mode you got no worries , i would buy mtm over revo any day
    enjoy

More Points Than Portsmouth FC

Status
    As above, wouldnt worry about it mate

I love the MTM stuff personally, feel its all set up to make the most for those that want it, Ive never had any issues with it (and Ive known people have issues with other brands...) Normally people are put off by the price of MTM stuff as its always more expensive, then go for Revo and slag off the MTM as a way of justifying choosing a cheaper option

6th Gear

Status
    MTM speed 100000s on tuing and making sure things dont go pop, some people have had things go bang but thats usually becasue the engine was not looked after before the map.

They have lots of confidence in tuning to these levels becasue they have the testing to back it up. Revo are good and cheaper becuase they dont have the same behind the scenes.
    A4 Avant project now started ! see this thread ! http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-s4-forum-b5-chassis/43296-bit-project-going.html
    If you think my post had a usefull purpose please say thanks

Turbo is the only way....

Status
    I have not heard any problems with the MTM chip either and I have total trust on MTM (That is why I spent extra $$ rather than go for the crap). Does anyone have a boost gauge installed to see if it really goes up to 1.8bars? Stock is 0.8bars and it just feels very scary that I have 1 bar more on the stock turbo as peak. Can someone confirm the peak boost level? Thanks!
    A3 2.0T Sportback DSG.

Engine / Trans:
    K04, Unitronic Stg II+ & DSG Stg II, S3 Injectors and Intercooler, APR F/Pump. BSH Intake, Forge DV, Oettinger Turbo Outlet, Eurojet throttle pipe, Milltek TBE. SP Meth Injection.

Brakes and Suspension:
    Brembo 6 pot w/ 345mm slotted disks, TT front suspension, HPA Coliovers, OZ Palladio, 225/40/18 BS RE001

Others:
    S3 Front, Pedals, & Mirrors, 09 SB Skirts & LED Rear Lights, Original HID retrofit, Oettinger Roof Spoiler. Defi Turbo Guage, FBMFSW

Brum brum

Status
    Yeah, I chose MTM back in 2004 because of their pedigree and the amount of time they've put into R&D. I concur the remap on my 8L S3 is relatively 'low' on power (261bhp) but 'high' on torque (311lb/ft) which I like. Biggest problem I found has been QST who I found to be on the arrogant side. It's a shame that there isn't another MTM dealer in the country.
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jcs356 View Post
    It's a shame that there isn't another MTM dealer in the country.
    I agree.
    A4 Avant project now started ! see this thread ! http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=43296
    If you think my post had a usefull purpose please say thanks