Badger5Monster Motorsport
    kornbeefy s4

Status

need direction with my b5 s4.

i have a b5 2.7 twin turbo s4. so far it has bin remapped and has a replacement k&n air filter. i feel i am only skimming the surface of full potential of this engine. i would greatly appreciate some advice on what steps 2 take 2 turn my civilised saloon into a bit of a beast. are k04's the only way up or are their alternatives. do i nead larger intercoolers and fuel pumps? i am unsure of what breaks 2 upgrade 2 and suspension.i am working to a budget but i understand that rome wasnt built in a day.

2. # ADS
    ADS

jcb
    6th Gear

Status
    cat-decat/exhaust/FMIC/turbo in that order I would say.

see MRC

Neutral

Status
    http://www.mrctuning.com/fullkitss4.php

Link above, certainly a huge increase in power too
    Audi A6 C4 2.6 SE
    Cat back stainless exhaust
    Induction Kit
    164K and still going strong !

Administrator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Administrators On Twitter
    The first thing you need is to throw away the K&N due to the damage oiled filter cause to the MAF. Then I would shop around. Try MTM or some of the big names that have been around for a while and get advise like above about the smaller newer tuners.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Modding an audi S4 can be done on a budget, KO4's are the easy way to go, and once fitted you car easy get 400bhp with 400+ torque. believe me it will be enough power for you.

1st Gear

Status
    Out of curiosity, what sort of power can be run reliably on std internals?

Neutral

Status
    if your looking at upgrading then its wise to build a good strong bottom end with uprated rods,i would lower the compression with either thicker gaskets or low comp pistons if your looking at going over 550bhp,there are various turbos to choose from depending on what kind of power you want,you will need rs4 or bigger port heads for more than 550hp,and definitely different inlet and exhaust manis,im just building something which should put out over 750bhp

Administrator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Administrators On Twitter
    Hmmmm Rods and pistons? Why not knife edge the crank as well while your at it. LOL

Stick to bolt-ons unless you are going to build a ultimate drag car or a land speed record car. How many people go and spend a fortune on pistons and rods and then either change cars or never run power that require that level of modifications?
    This is a little like fitting 440cc injectors to a 225bhp 1.8T.

You really need to get the exhaust sorted and go from there. There is no loss if you the go to KO4s later are the down pipes are the same.

Best of luck

jcb
    6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Administrators View Post
    Hmmmm Rods and pistons? Why not knife edge the crank as well while your at it. LOL

Stick to bolt-ons unless you are going to build a ultimate drag car or a land speed record car. How many people go and spend a fortune on pistons and rods and then either change cars or never run power that require that level of modifications?
    This is a little like fitting 440cc injectors to a 225bhp 1.8T.

You really need to get the exhaust sorted and go from there. There is no loss if you the go to KO4s later are the down pipes are the same.

Best of luck
    Well I for one am building a bottom end and top end (admittedly from a spare block) that is likely to be capable of about twice what I will be putting through it over the next year. I may upgrade, I may not. but I will be confident enough to up the boost, water/meth, cams, inlet whatever without concern that I will be lifting the head or putting an extra port hole in the block.
    Don't see the point in running a turbo engine at anywhere close to capacity then cr@pping it every time you get any kind of boost/torque spike, increase in inlet temps, or worrying about whether the head is going to drop an exhaust valve into my nice new turbo unit, or if the crank and main bearings are up to the job of the new rods I just dropped in.

do it once and do it properly in my opinion

jcb
    6th Gear

Status
    oh....and I am having the crank knife edged ; )