Remap/Service - North of the Border!

NoggyDS3

Reaction score
Seriously considering getting my S3 remapped and it needs a service soon so was thinking about getting it done at the same time. I'd heard really good things about Star Performance but was speaking to a mate at the weekend who kinda put me off.

Not sure who to believe - has anyone had any experiences with SP, good or bad? Also, do I even have a choice for remapping north of the border - are there any any other decent places to check out for remapping?

Cheers.

I can say that Star Performance are the best around, to be honest I've only heard good reports about them. What problems did your mate have?

I had a remap and a few other pieces done on my 8L S3 at Star, and had no issues..... great service and a much better car afterwards.

Hi mate,

I'm picking up my Noggy blue S3 on Wednesday and i'm looking to get it re- mapped too... i've done a wee bit of research on the forum and "custom code" seem to be quite good, certainly get better reports than Revo as far as i can tell, anyway, it appears that custom code have a guy in Edinburgh who can map the cars.

Custom code are offering 30% discount until the end of January making the cost £266 +vat- thats not a bad price!!?!!

I'm probably going to give them a call tomorrow to enquire so will post back tommorrow and give you any more info i get.

Cheers

Craig

Thanks Audiboy and Craigsy.

Mate stuck his corrado in a few months ago to get a few things done and apparantly they made @rse of the new suspension. As i said, i've heard nothing but good stuff about star performance so prob just a one off - and it was nothing to do with a remap which is what i'm after in fairness.

Craigsy - Yea, i've read about CC on the forum and again, sounds good and pretty much what i'm after and the price is very good!! Let me know how you get on, as i'll be making my mind up before the end of january (sooner rather than later!!!) Enjoy the new car!

Cheers

Thanks for the pm Craigsy.

Sounds good and i'll be up for it, will get my car serviced etc asap and that'll be me ready! Thought i'd post a reply to you on here to just to see if there's anyone else that would be interested while we're at it.

For info, it looks like Craigsy and myself (and perhaps a couple of others from up north) will be getting a remap done at the same time if poss - if anyone else is interested let us know here or give CC a call.

Cheers.

Hi NoggyDS3,

All sounds good, Mike just said for you to give him a call, he took a note of my number and presumably the other guys numbers too, this way once he's found out a rough time we could all manage i'm guessing he'll try to reach a suitable date for all and contact us then.

Mike didn't appear to be from Edinburgh as i got him on the CC main phone number, not sure if he then puts it on to someone in Edinburgh or if he would be coming north himself.

Give him a shout either by phone or through the CC section on the forum.

Once you have spoken to him let me know if its a go-er as i'm definately looking to get the map done fairl soon, come to think of it.... i need to get the car first.... roll on tomorrow night!!

Cheers

Craig

Ha Ha! Forgot you hadn't got it yet!! :)
Och well - enjoy 2moro all the same!

I'm def up for it, gonna phone 2moro and get it booked in for a service. As long as that doesn't show up any bad signs then i'll be going for it, and yea - sooner the better for me too!

sure Star are good but there customer service and phone manner is pants.
I will use their dyno but I would rather drive south for any work

Yea - sure they are good as everyone always says so.

That aside, 30% discount is a bit of a tempter to say the least and i think thats swung it!

Got my car booked in for a service and timing belt change etc next wed, so as long nothing goes wrong there than i'll be getting it remapped as soon as!