Tuning and automatics

ukhmartin

Reaction score
Hi,

Are there any reliability issues with automatic gearboxes if the engine is chipped? I'm thinking 1.8T tuning on an A3 Auto (8L), or TT dsg or even 2.0diesel on an A3 (8P) dsg.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!

Hello.

Engines running Auto, DSG, Tiptronic and Multitronic gear boxes are 100%ok to remap, The only issuse is with a generic remaps on TDIs,
A custom remap should be wrote to limit the lower speed to rev ratio torque to stop low speed transmission rumbles. apart from that the remap will perform the same as a manual box remap in the mid-range and top end power band.

Nick

Just want to say thanks BIGBHP for your comments there about custom mapping.

I have just bought an A4 2.0 TDi Multi, and would like to get the most out of my engine seeing as it is more than capable of dishing out 170PS.

But having pulled my hair out today and yesterday I am still no further forward to who to trust my absolute pride & joy to (sorry Missus, but you do come a close second!).

Do you or any other have any recommendations through their experience that I could go to? BTW, I live in Cornwall so Scotland would be out of the question.

I have looked at BlueFin for convenience but have read about some issues, please help.:readit:

Kind regards

Jason