BRAKE UPGRADE

stoakseya4

Reaction score
HI

Can anyone recommend a reasonably affordable way of improving the braking of a B6 S4?

Don't want to spend thousands !

Also, am after an Avant spoiler from an S-Line ???

Sorry mate but i dont think there is anything cheap for the B6 S4.
If your discs are good you could just uprate the pads if not i would go for an RS upgrade,not cheap though.

porsche four pots on eBay, have some caliper adapters made up and stick some RS4 or Merc discs on.
RS4 discs will be the expensive bit
I got delivery mileage lug mounted 4 pot Porsche brembo calipers with brand new pads for £280! Merc ML500 345mmx32mm discs are around £180/pair, caliper adapters are a bespoke engineering job, still less than £100, set of braided stainless hoses and some new fluid.

All in £4-500

jcb said:
porsche four pots on eBay, have some caliper adapters made up and stick some RS4 or Merc discs on.
RS4 discs will be the expensive bit
I got delivery mileage lug mounted 4 pot Porsche brembo calipers with brand new pads for £280! Merc ML500 345mmx32mm discs are around £180/pair, caliper adapters are a bespoke engineering job, still less than £100, set of braided stainless hoses and some new fluid.

All in £4-500
That adds up to more than £500 + the hoses for 345mm which he has already.
You can sell your brakes if they are in decent condition for around £250+ and put that towards some B7 RS4 monsters.
No messing around straight fit.

What would B7 RS4 'monsters' cost then ?
And are they a straight swap ??

You will want about £1200-£1300 for B7 RS4/RS6 setup.

not a straight swap either.
only straight swap on an RS4 strut