Problem with 1.8T

Matthewbaldry

Reaction score
Website
www.baldrys.co.uk
A mate of mine is struggling trying to find whats causing a problem with his Seat Ibiza Cupra.

The electronically controlled valve that operates the vacuum feed to the dump valve is opening the dump valve whilst its under acceleration. You can hear air gushing from the dump valve as the car hardly accelerates and then eventually it snaps shut and accelerate as it should. He has changed all the electronic valves and the only way I can get it to work properly is to disconnect the electronic valve and get it to run solely on the inlet pressure.

Any ideas?

[ QUOTE ]
Matthewbaldry said:
A mate of mine is struggling trying to find whats causing a problem with his Seat Ibiza Cupra.

The electronically controlled valve that operates the vacuum feed to the dump valve is opening the dump valve whilst its under acceleration. You can hear air gushing from the dump valve as the car hardly accelerates and then eventually it snaps shut and accelerate as it should. He has changed all the electronic valves and the only way I can get it to work properly is to disconnect the electronic valve and get it to run solely on the inlet pressure.

Any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be a silly question, but has he changed the DV to make sure its not that?

Rich

Yeah he has, he uses a bailey re-circulating dv usually but has tried a to air dv as well, this was what highlighted the problem as you could then hear (as well as feel) what was going on.

It seems to be that the electronic valve is using the Vacuum store that the Seat's have to open the DV during acceleration. He has changed the electronic valve and the problem still persists, so it appears to be an electronic signal that is the problem, but not sure why?