B5 S4 Tuning

nemo2182

Reaction score
Help.........
Im booked in to have my S4 tuned by AMD in two weeks, but is it me or are they going down hill???Standard maps (No customised), no rolling road (So no Dyno Chart). To be fair I'm getting a wicked deal, below is whats getting done.

Pipercross Element Filter
Sparks
2 x DV's
Remap
CAT-back Milltek system
Fitting Samco 12 piece Hose Kit
Cambelt change
Air-con Gas Recharge

Got all that for 2.2k, so I was pretty happy with that. Quoted 315-320BHP.

Basically, Is there any other companies I should look at? I've seen MTM, but again its around same BHP, at £1275 before VAT, could turn out expensive....
I chose AMD orginally cos they did a wicked job with my 1.8T A4. Any help would be appreciated, plus can anyone give me rough 0-60mph + 1/4 mile times from the work im getting done.

Cheers

Nathan

Where are you? South I presume?

There are a few companies around the country that seem to come with high praise.

Just had a quick add up and while the price is good, it's not ground breaking and certainly not something you'll not find elsewhere.

I wouldn't bother with the filter personally, make sure the cambelt change includes all pulleys bolts etc.

Until you have futher work done I'd probably just have samco tbb and f-hose pipes fitted.

0-60. Well depends if you think you could match the stock 5.5 figure. Realistically I'd say you'll shave a few tenths off. 1/4 mile you should be looking about 13.7 maybe a bit quicker if you dare with your launch.

Yer in the south. I posted else where and a name that keeps popping up is MRC?? I used to hear great things about AMD, but the fact they dont dyno the car after the tune now is abit of a corncern. I want to know what im paying for! I've already brought a 12-piece kit, so might as well get them all on. I dont know what 2do, I want best power for money, but I also want a good job done!

Nathan

I persoanlly use MRC and can of course recommend them. I didn't mention them from the outset as there are other companies I am sure people can recommend too.

I'd definatelly have a review of your choice and make sure you are happy.

Forgot to add make sure the water pump and thermostat are done along with the cam belt.

Why Water pump and Thermo? Have u had ur S4 Tuned then?

Hi.

I understand the water pump and thermostat are recommended as the termostat is pennies and the water pump only about £35-£40 and known to fail. Both require the timing belt to come off to replace, hence make sense to replace when the belt is off anyway.

My car has an MRC custom map and has ~325BHP.

325bhp?What work you had down?Is it fast as ****? I love the power, just want more.........

mrc are the nuts for tuning these cars, a year and a half ago they took my s4 up to 470bhp which was pretty damn fast. they are just finishing a 580bhp conversion to it this week. these guys know these cars inside out

A custom map will get you anything from ~315BHP to possibly as much as 330+ in the cases of some real lucky buggers. Same tuner, same methods, just some cars respond better than others and respond in different ways. Some can just take more timing than others. Typically I think ~320BHP seems to be the figure most end up with.

All I have done engine wise is the custom map, Bosch 710N diverter valves and Samco tbb and f-hose pipes.

There are plenty faster, but it's nippy enough to describe as fast. You can notice the 60BHP increase put it that way.

Whisky,
That must b crazy quick! Is there anything that can keep up wit that! I wish I had the money 2do that! Is it reliable?

GSB,
Thanks 4all your help, Im guna have 2ring 2moro and make sure AMD havent already got the parts in! that would **** them off! I just hope I have a good 1, lets hope 330bhp is poss ;o)

nemo2182 said:
Whisky,
That must b crazy quick! Is there anything that can keep up wit that! I wish I had the money 2do that! Is it reliable?
good as gold, dont know about the new conversion till i get it back this w/e

Wont that suffer from major turbo lag with that much power! 580bhp is the highest rating ive seen, can I b rude and ask how much that is setting u back?

nemo2182 said:
Wont that suffer from major turbo lag with that much power! 580bhp is the highest rating ive seen, can I b rude and ask how much that is setting u back?
apparantly not as much lag as u would think, it has cost lots because i have a complete rs4 top end plus forged conrods, tubular manifods, custom inlets etc etc. i'd post a couple of pics for a taster if i knew how