S3 210bhp Remapping??

vrbob

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!
Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking at getting my S3 remapped in the near future. Who would you reccommend for the remap and what sort of money would you expect to pay n for what sort of results?? Also is there any other reasonable mods you would reccommend doing before getting the remap?? I am located in Southampton so the closer the better really.

Thanks will check them out.

Have just found this place Regal Autosport webite = http://www.vagtuner.com/acatalog/A3___S31.html which is like very local to me only about 5 miles away. They offer a ECU remapping service by a comapany called GIAC which is American. Would be interested if anyone has used either the garage or the software and what is their experiece of it??

i have a friend who did GIAC and its GENERIC and he has now stoped as it was not woth the money cos he said none of the maps they did ever went over 260bhp and that was if you wer lucky comperd to other tuners

GIAC are very decent maps are are perfectly customisable. Outright power isn't everything, remember drivability. Saying that, I've seem GIAC get more power out of the new S3 than anyone else. Only seen a handful of dyno plots for the 8L S3, and they looks good. Star Performance have now switched to using them as their main base maps, and considering they just won tuner of the year, I can't see them being that bad.

260-265 is all you'll really get out of any map. Others will claim more, but you have to question the reliability of their rolling roads, and question why peolpe claim more (marketing???)

Have emailed Regal Autosport who are the GIAC dealers so am just waiting for a reply. Glad to know that they are a known company so am more keen to give them a go now. will wait n see what the cost implications are as i have found another garage http://www.westtuning.com/index.htm who is only 20 miles away so will see who gives the best deal for the money!

Regal are great and very into their VAG cars!!

Ask to speak to Ryan if he is around...

Cool, still waiting for an email back from them in regards to my questions, glad to know someone from here has used them. Will ask for Ryan if i go down there. Do you think i will get preferential treatment for being and Audi-Sport member???:icon_thumright:

Wuhoo, Regal Autosport seem great. Popped in their this afternoon after work and they took in the car straight away to check out the Haldex for me and also to replace the windown clips in my door to fix the electric window. So looking forward to getting the car sorted now will chat to Regal again 2moro after getting the car sorted about the GIAC remap as i think i will get them to do so once its done.

Hi, i have bought a 99 S3 and it has allready been re-mapped is there any way i can tell which? gary

Vrbob have you had your remap done?

Just fyi to other people in Dorset Hampshire area,
spoke to DMS in Southampton, they charge 495 inc vat for a remap (rolling road an extra 200 sheets) which is an AMD variant apparently resulting in abou 260-263 bhp and a gain of about 55nm of torque.