An S3 has 265 bhp ! ! . . . Why not Me ? ? ?

Spudgun

Reaction score
Hello All,

I've just been Day Dreaming on an Audi Dealers website. You know the kind, where you spec the car you can't really afford. . . Soooo Much fun ....... (Yet, Sad I know :blush: )

When to my HORROR ! I Spec'd an S3 (that apparently only comes in the) 2.0T FSi Quattro guise.

AND it kicks out 265 BHP :sob:

265 BHP I tell you !!!..... You will understand my disapointment when I say my pride and joy is an A4 2.0T FSi Quattro that dishes a mear 200 bhp.

How the Fek do the nice Audi manage this I ask you ?

I know :idea: ! ! ! (or i thought I did :blush: )
This S3 beast is that Tuned, Mapped and Generaly wound up that : you couldn't squeeze another Donkey Power never mind Horse Power out of it.

To my disgust I find that the aufully clever people at Superchip can get (after a brilliant fettling job :rock: ) a further 42 Horse Power and 47 more talkie things.

Why Not Me ? :banghead: ... Why Not Me ? :banghead: ... Why Not Me ? :banghead:

Please Please PLEEEESE ?
(if you could inpart some knowledge, on to an insignificant such as my self)

WHAT ? THE HELL DOES AN S3 HAVE THAT MINE DON'T

:blownose:

Purely a complete guess....but a bigger turbo?

The Audi A3 1.8T Quattro and the old S3 basicly have the same engine (Both 20v Turbo engines) but the A3 has a K03(s) turbo where as the S3 has a K04 ... hence more power.

Not sure that this is the case for the newer models though.

same reason the same 1.8t engines across the old range had everything from 150bhp to 225bhp

the OEM MAP, the bottom end internals, the top end port size and the turbos.

yours is not a high spec A4 so it won't be matched to the S3 spec, its a marketing thing.
Same reason the Porsche Caymen uses a detuned 911 engine and has less power. It would affect sales on 911's if they were the same

S3 over 2.0T

The S3 engine has a modified, slightly larger turbo with a larger full metal intercooler, modified Cylinder Head, Engine Block, Uprated Conrods, Gudgeon pins and Bearings.