Chiped or Not ????

Spudgun

Reaction score
I'm looking to get my 05' FSi Quattro, of 2 weeks, Chipped.

Although the more I drive it - the more I think it may all ready have been done.

I really think it does 0-60 quicker than 7secs.

The mid range pull is rather impressive.

and a mate that had a 225 TT (1.8T) reckons mine seems quicker.

All told I don't want to shell out the best part of £500+ to find I already had one.

Also - Quick one - whats the difference between a Superchip and Bluefin ?

Cheers

Isn't the FSI Quattro a 2.0T 200bhp anyway so it would feel stronger and quicker than your mates 1.8T even though he has 225. As its a newer engine it would be difficult to compare.

05 fsi does not say mutch?? is it a tt tfsi?? then you have a turbo 200hp engine.
and a chip would help, but buy something good not cheap sh....

Spudgun said:
Also - Quick one - whats the difference between a Superchip and Bluefin ?

Cheers

Superchips are the company that make bluefin - it's a remote tuning method (a bit like revo's SPS system) I'm not up on tuning the new A3 but i thought bluefin was for other manufacturers like ford etc, the audi's still need to be connected via the OBD (on board diagnostic) port in order to upload the new map onto the ECU

if you think your car's already been mapped any audi dealer should be able to tell you when they check the car using VAG.com as the map won't be the audi original.

Car details

05' A4 2.0T FSi SE Quattro

I'm about 1200 miles off my first service (the 24 month one)

May be I'll ask Audi about the cars map.
Then again maybe not - if they flash it back to a standard map - I shall be some what miffed.

I was thinking best course of action would be

Take car to reputable 'Chip Shop'
Get them to rolling road it

and see whats happening after that.

Any body used Roscoe's in Liverpool?

Mate at work has had 2 cars done there and has been very pleased with the service and results.

Hi Spud

Not sure where abouts you are, but we can check if the cars been mapped or not.

If not, the P-Torque re-map is £350 all in for your model :icon_thumright:

p-torque

I've just had a quick butchers at your website. I'm in Warrington, from your website it looks like your in Wolverhampton.
A bit out of the way for a check-up but thanks for the offer. :icon_thumright:

Being in the tuning Business, could you shed some light on the other thread I have on here - (not sure how to attach a link)

Its the one about S3's having 265 bhp with the same engine as mine.

Cheers

Hi There.

There is a uprated turbo charger running a higher boost as standard, uprated intercooler, different pistons with uprated connecting rods, stronger cylinder block, higher rated injectors and different exhaust set up.

That will explain the vast amount of power then.

And also serve as a warning Not to try getting 300 horses out of my 2.0T, with out significantly strengthening the internals.

Thanks for the info :icon_thumright: