Freezermobile?

Reaction score
Just had a crazy idea - has anyone played around with refridgeration elements (like what you get in freezers) for air cooling? (Perhaps hook it up to your intercooler?) or am I just mad :cold:

SamDude said:
You never heard of Air Conditioning?

lol yes I've heard of aircon, that's for cooling us down though, what about something to keep the intercooler cooler :)

Toxik-Signal said:
or am I just mad
Yep.Best thing is to get a big intercooler.
Im going to be taking my FMIC off soon as im selling the car,if your interested let me no and we can meet up so you can have a look.Im also in Notts

Trouble is that the engine creates so much heat that a refrigeration element would be of very little benefit. It'd be like leaving the fridge door open and expecting it to cool the kitchen down.

The CryO2 seems like a good idea for racing purposes (if you can tolerate the weight of another compressed gas cylinder in the boot) but would need refilling quite regularly I should think if being used to cool the intercooler. Think liquid CO2 would be better for just trying to cool the air intake.

If anyone wants to try a custom build on their car and is looking for bits then let me know, my brother's a refrigeration engineer and he can always use the sales ;)

You'll have to come up with something crazier next time then.

How about solar powered superchargers?