High mileage chip?

cbass

Reaction score
Website
www.netdocuments.com
I bought my car used a while ago, and never really had the opportunity to chip it until now. The only potential problem is the high miles on my car. It has about 86,000 miles (about 138,000 Km) on it and I was wondering what you guys think about chipping it with such high miles? Any comments are welcome!!

Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

Well Dude, I chipped my A3 at around 63,000 miles and have had no problems and she's now over 74,000 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I don't think there's much to worry about, provided your car is in good condition, (I had Oettinger inspect my engine, paying close attention to the turbo, prior to chipping) and I'd also recommend doing your homework. Make sure that the company you take your car to is reputable, and maybe look for folks who are using that companies remap. That should give a good idea as to how reliable it is.

Hope it helps, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Thanks Drill,
I am planning on going with a Wetterauer 1.0 bar. I have seen the research that they put into their chip and talked to Mark R here on the forum cause he had a Wetterauer. He had only good things to say about the chip and their research is very extensive being a German company.

It would be a good idea to have the engine inspected, thanks!

I'd agree with what's been said. When I owned my chipped S4 I lived with the whole turbo failure concern with the logic that it was an excuse to have Kk04s fitted!

Now two of them were expensive but one os not so bad but it's all relative when considering what you consider expensive repairs?

Had mine done last week and it has 98,000 miles on it and is 6 years old, it pulls like a train don't know why I didn't do it ages ago!!!

I didn't go the KKK 04 route.

What I meant was, that when I chipped my S4 I was aware of the fact that it reduces the reliability and hence life of turbos. I accepted this risk on the basis that if the KKK 03s failed it was just an excuse to have the KKK K04s fitted. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif