Turbo Questions

Biggles

Reaction score
Hello

I would like to know which turbo should be in a 2001 2.5 V6 Allroad.

I read an article on here that said the adjustment cam be turned up on thread to improve the low rpm torque. I have done this, but cant see any real change. There is a stop limiter does tis need taking up as well>

Regards

Biggles

I wouls seriously seriously recommned that you dont do this. You can permantly damage your turbocharger and or engine if you move the minimum vane position ( which is the screw you are talking about)

You will be in danger of overspeeding the turbo and it will cost you a lot of money to replace. Get it chipped if you must see more power.

Biggles said:
Hello

I would like to know which turbo should be in a 2001 2.5 V6 Allroad.

I read an article on here that said the adjustment cam be turned up on thread to improve the low rpm torque. I have done this, but cant see any real change. There is a stop limiter does tis need taking up as well>

Regards

Biggles

I agree with Loftgroover...........doing this will mean that you will have too much boost at low rpms putting the turbo on the surge line ....which is very bad for your turbo.........the turbo that comes on the 180hp V6 tdi's is the vnt2056 Garrett Gt2056v .

Get a chip/re-map you tight sod and do it the right way with out putting your car / turbo at risk......www.rstuning.co.uk :friends: .