Heated Revo APR debate

As I read here isn't Mr Kasberger breaking his NCA and NDA anyway???

only in America eh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

lights blue touchpaper........

Anyway on a lighter note who watched final destination on tv tonight? that certainly kept me on the edge of my sest! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

god, that must be the funniest commercial law case I have ever seen haha . I wouldn't even have borthered. Just leave it to the court to decide

[ QUOTE ]
Wando said:
As I read here isn't Mr Kasberger breaking his NCA and NDA anyway???

only in America eh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

lights blue touchpaper........

Anyway on a lighter note who watched final destination on tv tonight? that certainly kept me on the edge of my sest! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Now then, remember what happens to us when we go off topic on a tuning thread? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Guys,
In light of the fact that this is by no means a low key law suit why do people continue to buy products from Revo.

If there is even the slightest possibility that this company has acted fraudulently them why trust them with your hard earned?

If the Revo guys did any of the things that APR claim in their lawsuit then I wouldnt trust them 1 bit.

If what has been written in these statement has any truth to them then Revo top dogs are certainly not nice people.

Whats even more surprising is Revos alliance with forge motorsport who i thought would be weiry of linking themselves to a company thats going thru a lawsuit for stealing trade secrets.

Always thought that employing young non sociable bedroom dwelling hackers was a bad idea, now i know it is.

I must say i did like the bit that touched on gun smuggling into africa, whoever wrote that was trying real hard to get the reader to think that the person he was talking about was the dodgiest man alive.

its called choice.

you pays your money, you take your chances, as with anything

its always the same "noise" coming from the same directions

Mr * Name removed to protect those who may not wish to have their surname banded about*,

What do you mean exactly?

Are you Pro Revo, Nevative Revo or Impartial?

I think S4sh has used his/her head and posted common sense for once...

Best wishes,

Ram

[ QUOTE ]
PaulS3 said:
its called choice.

you pays your money, you take your chances, as with anything

its always the same "noise" coming from the same directions

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah we all have choice, but say I wanted a new front drive I could use the Gypsies that go round doing it cheap but I don't for two reasons, firstly they're dodgy secondly there's a good chance I won't be getting quite what I expected or they'll leave some rubbish lying around that I or somebody else won't see until later /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I must say i did like the bit that touched on gun smuggling into africa, whoever wrote that was trying real hard to get the reader to think that the person he was talking about was the dodgiest man alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny I'd heard that story from the horses mouth!
And many much worse!!!

I agree with you Paul and its about time people left it to the courts to decide,instead of holding their own kangaroo version, guilty by rumour.Let people decide on their own.Time to put on my Nomex suit and face the flames.Cheers Andy

Warranties??? At least AMD should be around for the next few months to honour their warranties, couldnt say the same about REVO though.

Anyway, I have a problem with paying money to theives/gun smugglers/hackers. If the owner is a self confessed gun smuggler then he should be in prison. Might sound like a cool story but the implications of his supposed actions are horrifying. I hate to think how many innocent people have been hurt or worse thanks to this guys guns. That in itself is good enough reason for most people to steer clear from this guy/company. Lets hope he was lying.

Its no wonder they dont have any info on the directors on the REVO website (unlike AMD or APR). What are they gonna say - "Gun smuggling for a while, soon after that i ripped off APR, stole their research, software and other tools and then started my own rival company with my so called friend, ex APR employee the super unsociable hacker Dudel..."

From what i've read most of all this speculation comes from two places
1: APR
2: Some bloke who works for AMD
Does make you wonder if they both have alteria motives /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I can see why APR would be doing all this but feel that its doing just as much damage to them selves, causing people to then use another tunning company that has the ability to chip using the serial port. I think i know number 2's alteria motive now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm not clued up on AMDs grievances with REVO but I have read what APR has had to say about REVO. I base everything I have said on what i have read in the documents made available to the public by APR and posts read on this and other forums.
Once you have read the witness statements etc its hard to ignore the facts and i must say APR look like they have a strong case.
If im not to believe APR then where does all the REVO experience come from, thats all i want to know?
I mean didnt REVO in their early stages call themselves the new APR Europe or something, i mean come on guys. Just like if i had onced worked for IBM, left there, started my own company and called it IBM Wimbledon, its just not on.

Well to have an unbiased opinion you need to know both sides of the argument. REVO for their own reasons have made no real responses to the allegations made by APR. All they are really saying is let the court sort it out.
Personally i would have expected them to at least say - hey this is rubbish, we did not steal apr software,chips and other information, we did not gain an unfair advantage in ECU remapping by ripping off APR, our vast experience in BOSCH ECUs is from ...
Our background is ...

Perhaps they are just being professional and not rising too the bait,instead of filtering anonimus information through forums like this ,go figure.I myself have dealt with all parties before and found Revo to be the most helpful without being arrogant unlike others i could mention.I therefore will be using them again.Cheers Andy

[ QUOTE ]
Ram® said:
Er Rob - you should buy a dictionary mate - your spelling is terrible!

It's "ulterior" and "unbiased"

LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Best wishes,

Ram /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Its not bait, they are questions.
Most people know that courts require mammoth amounts of time before they ever come to a ruling, especially in these types of cases (IPRs). Its probably what REVO are counting on. Should give REVO enough time to change the name of thier company to AMD Europe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

yep, like i said in one of my earlier posts, hope it isnt true cos smuggled guns usually end up in the hands of terrorist which = innocent people dead.
You'll find all the witness statements etc on the url below:

http://www.goapr.com/Audi/revo/

makes for an interesting read.

Well this is an interestin read..esp the court case! I have had work from both APR and revo on my mk 4 golf and pleased with both(same product?? lol) but was esp interested why revo would fit their sps1 free of charge..as i had APR software already and heard they were loosin all british cantact apart from Awesome. I paid for sps 3 and have had turbo replaced(not acusing revo of that as it could be anything!)
Anyway im waiting for Jabba to fit a IHI now.....so not my problem anymore :)