AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport

Thread: Diesel Tunning

Boydie

Diesel Tunning

I've a 2.0tdi 140 bhp sport

I'm planning on getting a revo remap and miltek turbo back exhaust with silencer - should be good for 180-190bhp

would i benfit from some more breathing equipment like some sort of induction kit?

do the new tdi 170bhp models come with different filters? what are the main differences in both engines?

anyone recommend a good company for aftermarket filters?

would the tdi benefit from just a simple panel filter change?

any other advice welcomed

thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    http://www.tdiclub.com/
    There is a lot of info on this site.

Neutral

Status
    a k&n panel filter will help a bit but causes premature maf failure as the filters have to be kept wet with oil but this goes on your air flow metre causing it to go early.As for the miltek i bought one for my golf 130 bhp it was 174bhp and 350.7lbs/ft torque without the miltek but with it on it lost power 329lbs/ft and 161bhp and there were definately no problems with the car so took it off again

2.5 tdi v6 180 bhp quattro sport mystic blue.18 inch rs8 rims with black between the spokes, audi votex kit, twin chrome scorpion pipes, xennons,heated black buffalo leather sport seats,auto dimming mirrors,serious tailored remap ,ferodo ds 2500 pads front and back upgraded tarrox japan sport competition drilled and grooved discs up front , and ferodo 5.1 racing brake fluid, and about 5k of stereo

Boydie
    was this on the same rolling road?

was it a full system, turbo back?

dont understand why it should lose power if its a full system :S

Neutral

Status
    ya was on the same rollers identical in every way i even changed the air flow metre the day before going up i always get a new air flow metre every 6 to 8 months and it had a full system turbo back the tuner said he thought it was prob cos the cat was gone that i lost the torque as these turbos are quite small and with the cat in place have back pressure which makes the turbo spool up quicker so imo leave the standard pipe on a remap alone is value for money the guy that mapped mine does each car on its own merrits www.turbotech.ie said hed come to the uk for 10 cars and do them all a custom map for 300 pounds each that very good i reckon

2.5 tdi v6 180 bhp quattro sport mystic blue.18 inch rs8 rims with black between the spokes, audi votex kit, twin chrome scorpion pipes, xennons,heated black buffalo leather sport seats,auto dimming mirrors,serious tailored remap ,ferodo ds 2500 pads front and back upgraded tarrox japan sport competition drilled and grooved discs up front , and ferodo 5.1 racing brake fluid, and about 5k of stereo