Uprated Clutch??

Biglockie

Aye you know it makes sense
Reaction score
1.8t A4 Avante, looking to change the clutch very shortly and have plans for new turbo and head work in the next year so looking for an uprated one, not goin to go mental on horse power probably under 300BHP

Any one any ideas, suggestions or recommendations??

cheers

Chris:o.k:

Hi Chris
It could be worth you looking at the G60 conversion then
This will replace the DMF with the single one
You can get a standard one for £320.00 + VAT or there is the uprated one using the Helix set up for £488.00 + VAT
The DMF`s are not very strong and they do fail. £611.00 + VAT is the retail price for the DMF so it would be cheaper to replace the clutch and flywheel than just the flywheel
The DMF is on just to remove vibrations when idling
So you may notice a bit more than usual , but not enough to matter
These prices include ALL the neccesary bolts that are needed too
Sarah

Sarah,

I have a 350 - 400 bhp motor being built, will these helix uprated items with said flywheel be able to handle these sort of figures? if not can you recommend anything else? am really after a atp turbo 4 puck clutch but having trouble sourcing one over here in the uk.

am looking to buy immediatly so an answer would be appreciated.

thanks.

Nice one sarah:icon_thumright: , five speed box on mine, just bought it and trying to gather the correct bits before i start turing up the BHP. Also looking at reprogrammable ECU's to go with the bigger turbo.

ta

Chris

spoke to andy at awesome (very helpful indeed),

i have an AEB engined FWD A4 1.8T, he recommended ECS Tuning stage 2 kit which uses a modified alu flywheel with a OEM RS4 cover and plate, this claims to be good for over 400bhp, there is also an s4 version for lesser powered cars, prices around $1050-$1250 mark. he said awesome would be willing to supply these.

keep up the good work

(he did say the g60 one wouldn't fit mine, so not sure if this is the case for others above,.)

Nice one Macca, I'll check it out today

chris:beerchug: