A3 I.8T QUATTRO TUNING

mattaus

Reaction score
I have recently got my self a w reg a3 1.8t quattro after getting rid of my astra coupe turbo. Think its the 4wd factor ! I had loads of tuning done to the astra inc full exhaust, bigger turbo, bigger injectors, bigger ic, remap, etc, etc.

I want to follow the same path as this on the audi but im finding it hard to find any performance parts ! any ideas on where i can get some tuning parts ?

I have been told that engine will be good for 350 bhp on standard intenals ! is this ture ? if so i probally only want to go to about 300 bhp, would this be achivable ?
cheers
for any info.

mattaus said:
I have recently got my self a w reg a3 1.8t quattro after getting rid of my astra coupe turbo. Think its the 4wd factor ! I had loads of tuning done to the astra inc full exhaust, bigger turbo, bigger injectors, bigger ic, remap, etc, etc.

I want to follow the same path as this on the audi but im finding it hard to find any performance parts ! any ideas on where i can get some tuning parts ?

I have been told that engine will be good for 350 bhp on standard intenals ! is this ture ? if so i probally only want to go to about 300 bhp, would this be achivable ?
cheers
for any info.
Valves and rods are the weak bits,valves are 2 piece and can break from excessive high revs,rod thickness depends on model they do vary.Internal bits are cheaper now with he exchange rate from the states,2 choices really hybrid ko4 to just make 300 or big turbo garrett or ihi for much more,both are expensive .

ANDYTQ said:
Valves and rods are the weak bits,valves are 2 piece and can break from excessive high revs,rod thickness depends on model they do vary.Internal bits are cheaper now with he exchange rate from the states,2 choices really hybrid ko4 to just make 300 or big turbo garrett or ihi for much more,both are expensive .

How much power is achivable from a standard ko4 ? I take it the ko4 is from an s3 or tt !?!

Is this interrcooler any good or is space behind the a3 bumper tight ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Large-Intercooler-Fiat-Golf-Seat-Audi_W0QQitemZ320036143353QQihZ011QQcategoryZ72205QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

With the right mods ko4's can get close to 300,maxed out though,i shall be trying out a ko4 from an lcr which will be converted to a bolt on ko4/ko3s hybrid.Fmic looks big ,space is tight on a3,i had to do lots of cutting(just plastic not metal),also this intercooler on ebay retains standard piping,which i think is a big mistake,you might be better picking a different fmic with piping that takes a cooler route,not over the exhaust manifold like standard.See my fmic pics in the gallery,it works very well.

whats the deal with lowering them tho i been told not to get it lowered as it messes with the back end??

Mines lowered 50mm and no problems with the back end mate

You will have camber on.rear. An xx tyers will. Adjustable tie bars

Mine were 159 quid from the company I'll get the link