EM TuningSky Insurance

Thread: MRC S3 Tuning

More power captain

Status

MRC S3 Tuning

Having heard loads of good reports about MRC and seen as though I'm wanting a big turbo upgrade would you guys consider spending 6-7k on a rebuild with them? Bearing in mind it's done 80k miles...or would it be sensible to just buy a new car

?
    S3 (01) \330bhp & 332 ft lb

2. # ADS
    ADS

Administrator

Status
    MRC are good, likewise with AmD, I'd say deffo go with the hybrid, you wont find a new car with that sort of power tbh

hud at ye bam

Status
    MRC have got themselves a good reputation already. Not been around too long, and they're already mobbed with work.

I just had a big turbo fitted to my car, but I only paid £3.8k. I had Star Performance install an ATP Eliminator, injectors, ATP TIP and airfilter, Apexi boost controller, plus Star's custom mapping. I already had the Forge FMIC and Supersprint exhaust, but I also added Milltek 200cell cats (an additional £875). It ran fine on the standard cats, but I'd fry them eventually.

With the more expensive kits you get more custom parts. The question is, do you really need them? My S3 chugs out a healthy 333bhp, nuff said.
    [/sarcasm]

jcb
    6th Gear

Status
    6-7k is a lot of wedge to throw at an engine, what exactly do you have planned?

More power captain

Status
    Thanks for the advice guys. definately something i'm gonna look in to. for big power gains are they the best? btw excuse the dumb nature of my q's - this is new to me!

More power captain

Status
    jcb - i really like the car but want MORE POWER nearly got overtaken by a 5 series BMW Diesel on the m5 today!

i figuered 5-7k would gt a decent hybrid turbo upgrade plus all other bits needed.

sixth gear

Status
    had my car remapped there recently really good outfit would recommend them they have a good reputation and all the s4 and rs4 boys take ther cars to them.
    S3 TUNED AT MRC

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Cooper
    Having heard loads of good reports about MRC and seen as though I'm wanting a big turbo upgrade would you guys consider spending 6-7k on a rebuild with them? Bearing in mind it's done 80k miles...or would it be sensible to just buy a new car

?
    would definately recommend mrc, they have just finished a 470bhp hybrid turbo conversion to mine, as for mileage audis are good for easily double that mileage as long as they are properly maintained
    noggy blue S4, hybrid turbo's, 470 bhp, and lots of bits, audi-sport. net sticker

jcb
    6th Gear

Status
    jcb - i really like the car but want MORE POWER nearly got overtaken by a 5 series BMW Diesel on the m5 today!

i figuered 5-7k would gt a decent hybrid turbo upgrade plus all other bits needed.
    If you have 6k to spend you could have a 400bhp monster on your hands if you wanted it, just get your brakes changed first!
    3-4 gets you a nice BT upgrade and a custom remap, if you can do some fitting work yourself you will keep it even lower (labour is the priciest commodity!)
    plenty to choose from. (GT28xx, IHI's, T3/T4 hybrids etc etc)
    Make sure your engine has a health check before you start demanding more from it.

More power captain

Status
    thanks guys. good info.

re: health check what would you recommend? apart from VAG COM would it be a visit to the dealer or my local independent or mrc/star/jabba before they do the work?

Neutral

Status
    thanks guys. good info.

re: health check what would you recommend? apart from VAG COM would it be a visit to the dealer or my local independent or mrc/star/jabba before they do the work?
    before mrc did any work on mine they healthchecked it
    noggy blue S4, hybrid turbo's, 470 bhp, and lots of bits, audi-sport. net sticker