DTC: 16985 - Internal Control Module: Memory Check Sum Error

MJCAUDI

Reaction score
Any one had DTC: 16985 - Internal Control Module: Memory Check Sum Error caused by remaping . Is it a bug, virus, bad program, does it appear at random? or triggered by fault codes?
Any ideas??
New ECU required? £550 down the toilet pan?

Any info would be helpful

cheers

To me it sounds like its had a failed remap flash, or the checksum of the map you've had installed doesn't calculate...

I'm suprised it starts if its had a bad flash.

Runs 100% fine ! just the ECU light glowing at me all the time. It starts to bug you after 2 hours night driving.

out of interest, and reading about.. your car doesn't have an APR chip does it?

It appears that cars with these have been throwing these DTC's due to a software glitch in the way it handles DTC's.

apparently if you have this problem, email klucas@goapr.com for a software update, but you'll need a reflash? Dunno, have a google...

Now sorted. The helpfull chaps at Awsome GTI cleared this off my ECU. Its nice to see the back of the glowing orange light of doom!
Audi would have just changed ECU meaning ££££
I can switch between stock and performance program via cruise control stick also.

nice one! was it the APR chip?

Yes it was APR. I think it can occur on any chip or stock though according to some posts on this forum. No one seems to know much about why it happens.