milltek system for A4 1.8t sport

zammo6969

Reaction score
hi, i know there have been a few similar posts but i really want a new exhaust system for the A4 and hear milltek are very good, but what do they sound like?

Dont want a deep drone all the time when pottering about, but i do want something meaty and basey when i put me foot down.

Can someone pleeeeese help, i dont want to spend a fortune on something im not gonna like.

many thanks guys

Give MIJ Performace a call. They sorted me out. Nice and quiet around town, but a lovely sound above 4k when the turbo really gets going!

Send a PM to a guy called Revdup (Maz) and I am sure he will sort you out. They are in Walsall, I went all the way from Tonbridge in Kent and am still grinning after it was done in May!

www.mijperformance.com

thanks rob, appreciate it, will look into it after the weekend

Hi Guys

I have for 16 years tuned cars from M3s to Evo 6s, to my last Subaru Sti 05 model which I sold recently.

Has anyone seen the quality of a Blitz exhaust?..............I was knocked for six and I mean that I have never ever seen such quality to say it was a work of art is an understatement really...I truly mean that, the back box is chromed finish, all welds around the back box are computer welded........really amazing!....and the price was cheaper than the Miltek, why cant the UK make such quality products as the Blitz Exhaust......wished theyd make them for the Audis........they are also tuneable, put the bung back in for around the neighbour hood, take the bung out for track or balls out power.

Sorry guys I just dont like wasting good money on poorly made or inferior goods, I just like quality really

just my thoughts nothing personal to anyone

Nick

Hi Guys I asked some questions of Miltek as I WAS about to purchase a system off them.

Basically I was told to go and buy a Blitz system if I love them so much............well frankly I would really........just at this time they dont do them for the Audi............ great customer service Miltek........NOT!

Heres the response from Miltek: Hi Nick,

Sorry to be blunt in return, but why don't you just buy a Blitz?

Kind regards,

Louise Millington
Milltek Sport

Tel. (+44) 01884 842040
Fax. (+44) 01884 849279
www.millteksport.com

nick7602 said:
Hi Guys I asked some questions of Miltek as I WAS about to purchase a system off them.

Basically I was told to go and buy a Blitz system if I love them so much............well frankly I would really........just at this time they dont do them for the Audi............ great customer service Miltek........NOT!

Heres the response from Miltek: Hi Nick,

Sorry to be blunt in return, but why don't you just buy a Blitz?

Kind regards,

Louise Millington
Milltek Sport

Tel. (+44) 01884 842040
Fax. (+44) 01884 849279
www.millteksport.com
For the life of me, I can't see what point you are trying to make here. What did you expect Miltek to do when you told them the Blitz was better?

You either want a Miltek or you don't. If you don't want one, don't buy one. How complicated is that?

jdp1962 said:
For the life of me, I can't see what point you are trying to make here. What did you expect Miltek to do when you told them the Blitz was better?

You either want a Miltek or you don't. If you don't want one, don't buy one. How complicated is that?

I was hoping for some dialogue, really I wanted to discuss their product I have customers contact me all the time and I discuss any points they may have right or wrong, its called customer service, I was after all going to buy a system from them and all I wanted was reassurance as to the quality, but they couldnt be bothered to discuss my concerns?............ which I was not the slightest bit impressed with............my customers spend a lot of money with my company and so I feel as they are my customers then I should at least discuss any issues with them.......... their is nothing complicated about it..I just wanted reassurance..........not get lost go buy a Blitz.......I was after all going to buy a system.

The thing is, you've posted the reply you received from Miltek, but you haven't posted the enquiry you sent to them, that they were replying to. Let's see this "dialogue" you are referring to.

jdp1962 said:
The thing is, you've posted the reply you received from Miltek, but you haven't posted the enquiry you sent to them, that they were replying to. Let's see this "dialogue" you are referring to.

Heres the E mail I sent to Miltek

Hi

1, Can you tell me why you dont carry the width of the exhaust tip into the back box as it looks like the exhaust ends have been welded on.....which makes the system look low rent also the welds around the boxes and pipe work look like they are done by hand...not good!

2, is there a reason why the pipe work is narrow? I have seen some very good gains made with 2.5 inch and 3 inch cat back pipe work.

Sorry to be blunt I have for many many years tuned cars and the best exhaust I have ever seen in my years of tuning was the Blitz exhaust, welding is done by computer, life time warranty etc, and at a very good price to, the pipe work was sheer quality really exceptional, and it gave outstanding gains as well.

I Started my tuning with jetex the welds were poor and I eventually got a blow on the exhaust ok I got it replaced, but the quality was really ify, moved on to Supersprint quality was really nice, then on to HKS and Blitz.........the Blitz is sheer art really.

pmsl @ low rent!

I think you could have got much worse response involving a blitz exhaust and your ***! ;)

I agree. It's not so much what you said, but the way you said it. You might have been intending to create a discussion over the respective brands, but in the end it, it just comes over as a slagging off of anything that is not Blitz.

jdp1962 said:
I agree. It's not so much what you said, but the way you said it. You might have been intending to create a discussion over the respective brands, but in the end it, it just comes over as a slagging off of anything that is not Blitz.

Yeah I suppose Jeff

I thought that if I was fired up about the Blitz then Miltek would come back and give me all the reassurances then explain how they developed the exhaust, who they compared the exhaust against, IE what Brands Scorpion? Jetex? HKS? Supersprint?............lets not forget that its your money you are spending here..............you couldnt get away with this poor level of response in the united states....this is why we in this country keep getting ripped off, because we dont ask the questions...whether these be right or wrong questions......... its your money dont forget that, and Im sure you all who read this work ****** hard to get that money really ......... anyway thats the end to it.......thanks for the sensible discussion Jeff it was good.........

Nick

so by saying blitz was brilliant and miltek was crap you hoped for.....?

I dont think one sale matters that much to them. You went in guns blazing and got pwned :p

Must admit after having owned a Blitz Nur Spec exhaust I was also shocked at the poor quality finish of the Milltek systems in comparison especially as the two sytems are of a comaprable price.

The Welding on the Milteks looks like like bubble gum and I dont believe they are mandrel bent either.

The Blitz really is a work of art with its fishtail welding etc and mine looked as good as the day I bought it two yers later .

Shame they dont do them for Audis really :)

co55ie said:
Must admit after having owned a Blitz Nur Spec exhaust I was also shocked at the poor quality finish of the Milltek systems in comparison especially as the two sytems are of a comaprable price.

The Welding on the Milteks looks like like bubble gum and I dont believe they are mandrel bent either.

The Blitz really is a work of art with its fishtail welding etc and mine looked as good as the day I bought it two yers later .

Shame they dont do them for Audis really :)

Hi Cossie

I wasnt convinced they were mandrel bent either, I might have some good news for you and I my friend, I was chatting to a friend and it seems that Blitz are considering making systems for european cars, I have offered my car as a donor for fitment etc. they are really good quality arnt they, mine was a few years old when I sold mine and it looked like new, mine was on a scooby Sti and before that my P1 subaru.

Ill keep in contact, and let you know more cossie when Blitz decide to go ahead with production...seems we arnt alone with our disgust over Miltek though.

Nick

I am relatively new to German car tuning and like you am not really very impressed at the quality of aftermarket parts in comparison to the gorgeous jap stuff from the likes of Blitz , Jun , Apexi etc.

Be great if Blitz did start making stuff for european cars. Definitley keep me posted .

Would love to see a Jun tuned Audi :yes: Show the european tuners how it should be done :eyebrows:

008.jpg

The Blitz Skyline :hubbahubba: now wheres Millteks offering ?

I've "trimmed" some of the posts up here, its getting late, we've probably all had crap monday's at work and are a little stressed.

Lets keep it on topic and be nice !

Nick, I know what you're saying about the welds on the Millteks. The seam around my S3 backbox wasn't very neat at all. Having said that, Milltek aren't really mass production, so probably can't justify welding robots plus the fixturing and re-writing the control programs for each different section of exhaust.
I design fixtures for Tenneco Automotive, and you wouldn't believe the cost and complexity of bend guages, final acceptance guages and assembly fixtures.
Tenneco, although, do also weld by hand and the quality of their production welders is excellent. Probably because it has to be. They probably have a much much stricter quality program.
Not sure if maybe Milltek have become a little complacent in recent times.

Not surprised at their response though ! You did wade in a bit !

Chris.

I was on topic, but apparently not nice enough for the mods.