More Response Required

I have the same car (older) new intake, exhaust FMIC and high flow cat all increased what I "felt" in the response department.
The s shaped intake hose is a flawed design as well. open it up and straighten with a simple modification placing the filter behind the right hand fog when looking at the car.

Some people say the J75 valve switches help response and even boost without remap...don't know to much about them.

other than that you are looking at remaps, big turbos or 2.0 bottom end for a nice torquey motor.

dump valves dont exist in audi land (ok ok, but im not getting into it here !) Diverter valves do. Some 710s should do the trick.
Mapping is the way to go, but not REVO. If you want the best get a custom map from AmD/MRC......I went from REVO to AmD (revo in the 1st place as they were cheaper) and boy the difference was amazing.
Do the map along with the exhaust for "best" results.
Stay away from cone filters, they will kill your MAF and IMO suck in more hot air than cold. Panel filter will suffice

I agree reference the cone IKs. Seen a lot of people put them on cars and lose power, even people that rig up heatshields. I've seen 2 good cold air IKs for the 182, but the Audi's are all together more complex machines.

Where can I lay my hands on a paper filter? URL?

oiled cones will screw your maf, decent sheilded no oiled cone WILL improve the responsiveness of your initial throttle. common sense says that air coming through a larger opening frees up response, even on firced induction.
I have never believed they free up huge BHP as numerous studies have proved they don't.

I have a forge d/v and whilst I can't say it made a difference it did remove a hesitancy blip on light on off throttle (traffic) that was bugging me and the on off feeling is more pronounced.

shortshifter, diverter and arbs, tighten up the whole feel of the car for not huge £s