Upsolute Chips..!

shinto

Reaction score
I have a 95 Audi A4 1.8T with 60k original miles

Im thinking of fitting one of the above chips to my car but im wondering what sort of performance increase im going to see in bhp and torque.

Are these chips stable and will it cause strain or wear on the engine in long or short term?

Also, instead of making the 400 mile round trip to Kent and back is it possible to rip the ECU from another identical motor to mine and send that off by post to be chipped. And on receiving the new one what sort of garage would be able to refit and tune it for me or are they plug and drive.

Shinto

Ive checked out quite a few sites on the net.

Upsolute are the cheapest solution and i know people say cheap isnt the best bet thats why im posting this thread.

Apr's disty is further away than upsolute for me so thats not really an option as i have friends near upsolute so i can stay the weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I checked out Revo but they only show prices on the site and not the info i want i.e. power gains.

AMD seemed ok, that was the first site i looked at a few months back when i got the car, i set my sites on the £450 chip until i found the link to upsolute on these forums. Some of there other prices seemed a little to high having being able to shop around for some better deals and i doubt id get anything else fitted there bar the chip as i have mates locally that could do some of the work.

Jabba also looks cool but they dont list the year of my car which is the earliest 95 m plater so now im wondering if i can do it, or if they just dont supply the remap for me. The only thing that bothers me about there site is the "modifications available" at the bottom of the 1.8T page. It suggests a "Dump valve" is available for my car but i got the assumption that a "Diverter valve" was needed instead. Ill contact them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

QS Tuning = Too pricey!

Superchips, I thought they were the originals /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ive heard of there name for years but actually never thought about looking at there site. @ £511 not the most competive but they have pictures of a map online, which is cool.
May contact them also.

As always im here to listen to the people in the know, so give me some advice. Im in the Devon/Cornwall/Somerset area so someone local would be a lot better for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Now the last question

If i were to rip an ECU out of a smashed motor identical to mine and send that off to be chipped do you think there's a remote chance id be able to get it fitted locally. Or in that price of around £200 does that cover the remap/ installation and tune because its a professional job?

Thanks for the help Gambba its much appreciated

Ok i get in touch with them thanks for the help bud /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
Honestly I'm not too sure, I would either call your dealer or probably even better is APR who allow you to buy a new ECU from them with the chip installed, which would seem to suggest that no synchronising between ECU and car is necessary.....but I just aint sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gammba the ECU and car NEED to be coded together, otherwise the Immobiliser won't let you start the car!