Failed MOT on an AMD remaped S3 due to emissions

S3_Shaun_84

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Just taken my car for an MOT and it failed on the emissions, the MOT person said it appears to him the car has been tuned which seems to be causing the problem. I hadnt said anything to him about the map that AMD did. So i rang AMD to ask if it was true there maps could cause the car to over fuel and they said it was a load of crap which i do believe, and said it would be one of my sensors that has gone down.

Readings are as follows:-

FAST IDLE TEST:
CO - <0.30 - ACTUAL READING 1.11%
HC - <200PPM - ACTUAL READING 36PPM
LAMBDA - 0.970-1.030 - ACTUAL 0.969

SECOND FAST IDLE:
CO - <0.30 - ACTUAL READING 1.20%
HC - <200PPM - ACTUAL READING 51PPM
LAMBDA - 0.970-1.030 - ACTUAL 0.964

NATURAL IDLE:
CO: - <0.50 - ACTUAL 0.48

Just wondered if any one else had come across this problem?

Im having some one do the fault code reading to see if a sensor has failed.

Cheers

Shaun

My APR mapped S3 did the same.

Wouldn't pass with a 100 cell cat on regardless of the map in use.

With the 200 cell it was touchy...unless the cat was red hot...

Basically...I had to put the car into the standard map to get it through the MOT with ease...
It was a pain in the butt.

Mine had no sensors faulty...

Thanks for your reply mines fully standard apart from the map, ive spoke to AMD they say i need to get a fault reading done as they think a sensor is down i wont be pleased if i need to put it in standard mode cos mines a fixed map, surley these companies shouldnt be alloud to sell this product if its goin to fail emmisions without telling you?

[ QUOTE ]
My APR mapped S3 did the same.

Basically...I had to put the car into the standard map to get it through the MOT with ease...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info - It's going in for it's MOT on May 25th.

DJ

Shaun, your figures are WAY out!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

There must be a fault with a lambda sensor I would think. Worst case the Cat' could be knackered.........................

I'm with AMD on this one a re-map using standard injectors will be fine - the test is carried out at idle and fast idle under NO load - why would a re-map affect these settings?

Take a look HERE .

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info - It's going in for it's MOT on May 25th.

DJ

[/ QUOTE ]

David, I thought the other David may have mantioned...
Make sure they get the cat nice and hot...and with it in the standard map, it'll pass.

It never passed in either chipped map with my 100 cell cats...but David R had the 200 cell cats fitted...so it may be better.

But hot cat and standard map = /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Mine passed with flying colours with 100 cell cat. You can have it tuned at idle to pass if it's a custom map.