New tuning box

Look forward to the feed back Elliot :)

Are you planning on a before and after rolling road test ?

Last edited:
What I usually do is attach my phone to the dashboard and film acceleration from 0 - 60. Using video editing software I can get 0-60 figure quite accurately. The rest would be subjective of course.

This one seems to be different from the rest as it modifies air, turbo and fuel and you can tweak it from within the car, provided you figure out how to run the cable all the way to the engine bay

Just had a look at the website for the Easypower PRO for my car. Seems they have the same blurb for every car, 45% more power that would make mine nearly 350bhp and 2.5-3 seconds off the 0-60 so my car would be doing it in 3.8 -4.3 seconds .
Somehow I don't think so. Be interesting to see what it does with your car.

Karl.

I must confess that I don't think that this box is going to be a league ahead of the DTUK or TDI-Tunning boxes. Only the lack of any information about this box tricked me into buying it. [Just got an email saying it has been dispatched, but I don't know where from]

TBH a lot of theses boxes are much the same. At least it appears to have a lot of adjustability so you can tweak it to something that works for you.

Karl.

I know they all the same to some degree (which could be said about anything really). What I'm looking for is for a box that provides the most granular tuning abilities, plus you can play with 3 settings and apparently you can control it from within the car (need to figure out how to run the cable, but that's only if I really like it)

Just got the box, here is the manual
Page 1 Page 1
Page 2 Page 2
Page 3 Page 3

Hmm.....

Hmm as you say, good luck with that. I am not sure what the idea of connecting in the box to the power connection with the MAF and MAP sensors is . I would expect it top modify the signal out of the MAP or MAF sensor. I wonder if they are just using the potentiometer to effectively put some resistance in the supply to the module and thus hopefully lower it's output.
Thats a fairly dodgy thing to do and I could see you getting engine management lights up if you go too far with that.
At least it has a proper connector for the fuel rail pressure sensor.
Not exactly plug and play and hacking into the vechicles existing wiring will mean that it can be seen that something has been done with the vechicle.
I would be worried about some of the speeling on the document its a bit dodgy, that never bodes well in my experience.

Karl.

Did you look at DTUK boxes. I have been using these for quite a while now and never had any problems with them. Just had an order for afew to fit to courier vans and they love them. I have now become the Scottish agent for DTUK so if anyone is after a tuning box either gimme a ring or log onto DTUK site and use the discount voucher BROD80 to get alot of dosh off. Cheers

If anyone wants to have a play with the box I will give it away for £50 (incl. postage) Obviously I wouldn't be able to fit it myself)

As previously mentioned I'm not competent enough to do it myself

Anything that involves soldering onto the original loom is not something anyone should be doing if they value their warranty.

Get it sent back and get your money back Elliot.

Reactions: Anthony566
I have to agree with Andrew on this one .... hardwiring is not a good idea.

also factor in the BMW fitting instructions and i would be very wary...

All those things aside, I'm more interested in what it actually tunes (if it really does)