ATP - Virtual Exhaust System

Pretty cool idea. Means for motorway driving it would be nice and quiet!

Sounds like a great idea to me, like all the bypass pipes etc that are appearing in real performance cars, except and this is a big but - where is all the heat going and what will it melt under the car???

A friend with an old landy V8 cut off the exhaust and made a new one that was just a straight pipe, but didn't extend it back all the way under the car - the result was melting the wiring and other bits under the car next to the end and I'm guessing the heat will have the same problem with this thing.

I was thinking you could use a Y pipe either end of the silencer...so the valve acts as a centre silencer bypass...Therefore the gases still come out from the exhaust, but still louder on boost.

Rich

Sounds like a plan to me, that would be very close to the active exhausts of cars like the AMV8 and 360 if I understand how they work correctly, on hard acceleration they basically open a bypass tube that misses out the silencer and or backbox if that makes sense.

ive been looking at these for a very long time now and im reqally keen on the idea ive posted about this on many sites with ppl saying go for and others saying no

would i need to get my car remapped again for this??

also would i lose to much pressure ??

with a little electrical know how and a solenoid vave in the boost line, you could also have it switchable so it doesnt always have to come on, on boost.