K03/K04 Eliminators...............

I

imported_bubstar

Hello All.

Anyone started to look in to the ATP eliminators yet? (Or is that a silly question?!!!)

I know Jim at Star has tested one of their mainfolds and says it made 10 bhp on the dyno! HERE .

I'm very tempted if the price is right, they look like they're going to be a lot of bang for your buck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ATP Turbo

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

That looks interesting, another alternative to the usual IHI big turbo upgrade. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

interesting? i'd say. A direct bolt on turbo upgrade kit... wow.

that certainly makes the cost of upgrading a load cheaper.

and the cost of that manifold is cheap too.

Thing is, it looks like they've done all the hard work for you - Just bolt on, Re-Map and enjoy!

Could it really be that simple to get a nice reliable 300+ bhp for my A4?

[ QUOTE ]
and the cost of that manifold is cheap too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep £300 is a great price - although it's only $350 in the US' (£198) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

basically, yes....

trouble is though, is that these are brand new out and the first ones ship in two days time.

I'm never much of an early adopter of tuning stuff, as for me it's just too much of a risk.

Just order it from the states and speak to them nicely about putting "Gift" on the shipping invoice. That way customs wont sting you with a big VAT bill

[ QUOTE ]
I'm never much of an early adopter of tuning stuff, as for me it's just too much of a risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, suck it and see - So to speak........... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif - Mind you, it's only the transverse kits that are just shipping, the inline kits have been out over 6 months and seem to be making good numbers.

I know Star is going to be fitting one of the GT28RS's soon................................

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/comeon.gif

Yeah i have been keeping an eye on these kits for a while.

Some in the US have been getting good results but not really with the ATP mika software.

Best bet is to buy the Eliminator, manifold, injectors and a larger inlet pipe/hose. Then get some one to give your car a custom map.

I wonder how much Star are rasing the prices of the Eliminator turbo's or if they are still good value?

Cheers.

[ QUOTE ]
Some in the US have been getting good results but not really with the ATP mika software.

Best bet is to buy the Eliminator, manifold, injectors and a larger inlet pipe/hose. Then get some one to give your car a custom map.

I wonder how much Star are rasing the prices of the Eliminator turbo's or if they are still good value?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good.

I don't think Star will take the Mick with prices.

TBH the manifold is only £100 more and £35 of that would be VAT if you bought one over yourself. (or you could try the 'gift' trick I guess)............... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

BUB

When saying they are more expensive, bare in mind that they are having to pay for shipping, duty, brokerage charges, and also make a profit on top of that! Its something most tend to overlook...But you probably couldnt import it for as little as star are selling it.

Also, the gift thing is a bit of a myth in some instances...Customs aren't stupid, and something like that, you would mre than likely have to pay for.

Rich

Agreed Rich!

As I said £100 over on the manifold is not the end of the world, is it?

(my last post was tounge in cheek) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Roll on 300 brake..................... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think it will be the one to go for, Soupie.
It's a BB turbo and with the right mapping would get the 'magic' 300 no problem . I don't think it costs much more than the GT2X and the knowledge that it can handle 350 brake is reassuring too.

It wiil happen but not for a while yet - the car is only 18 months old and I don't want to go strapping a bus turbo on just yet!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Also I'm going to need a new clutch too surely? I'm not sure the standard one would take 280+ lbft for long.........

Why don't you pop in and see Jim? I'm sure he'd be more than happy to empty your wallet for you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yeah i know i have been thinking about the elimanators for a while.

Lack of funds just now though. I would go for the 2871 eliminator though.

But would also need a fmic and as you say a new clutch. Mine is still fine but will nodoubt go soon as my car is almost at 50k miles.

I may see Jim at a RR day or something but i dont wanna call him or that just yet as it may be wasting his time a bit.

I like to keep in touch with him - it's a bit too far for me to pop in and say hello! But I know he's a very busy man!!

He said he's pricing them up soon and will add details on the website ASAP......

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Cool, say i was asking for him next time you call. And say if he needs a tested B5 A4 i will be more than willing!!

Sure he will remember me by my pretty loud red A4!!! Ha.

Cheers,
Paul.

ive also had my eye on these to and when ive got the money im doing it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've been reading about these turbos for a while. They look good. Would like someone else to be the UK guinee pig though!

I know Doug at MRC can get his hands on them too and he'd be good for a custom remap. So that is another option.

The boys at Star are usually very fair with their prices. That's where my cars go for servicing.

Does anyone know the prices that the UK guys can get them for?

I certainly dont have the pennies just now for one but would give me an idea of how much it will cost so i have something to aim for.

Cheers.

Paul - did you get your K04 mapped yet?

Don't know the prices that Star or MRC would charge for the turbos. You would guess they should be about the £1000 mark given the US price.

In my opinion you'd be better off buying the parts/kits directly from ATP yourself and then having them fitted by whoever you choose...

They're very 'understanding' with our shipping needs here in the UK.

I bought a full GT28RS Kit from them along with a lightened aluminium flywheel and uprated 400HP clutch and lots of other parts including catch can, fuel pump, fuel rail, adjustable FPR, various gauges etc. etc.

It all came to a pretty penny and arrived in two very large boxes... I paid £40-odd in VAT and import duty for everything /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

They actually needed to send me a replacement manifold because the first one I got was a bit dodgy... they didn't charge me for it and when the second one turned up in a box with a few extra parts they'd thrown in, I didn't pay a penny of VAT or import duty because they'd marked the order as being worth $0.00!

Quality service in my opinion.

With regards to the Mika-tuned fueling kits... I'm not sure US fuel octane ratings are the same as ours... could be wrong but if true they're kits wouldn't work on our ECU's.

I have a friend in Finland who actually knows the guy, he's a bit of a guru there apparently, and he can provide maps for mostly any application. But again, as a few have already said, it's probably better to just get a custom map done here with someone like Star, MRC etc. etc. That way at least you know it will be custom to the car/turbo/setup you have.

Cheers

T

Eliminators at GDI

Also, check out their other engine parts, stroker kits etc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I bought a full GT28RS Kit from them along with a lightened aluminium flywheel and uprated 400HP clutch and lots of other parts including catch can, fuel pump, fuel rail, adjustable FPR, various gauges etc. etc

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you're going to have a very tasty 1.8tq, Tim!!!

What clutch/flywheel did you go for? - Edit! DOH! Just read your other post!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Make sure you keep us all posted with your progress!!!

All the best.

Cheers BUB, will do of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It's starting to feel like I'm just collecting parts now though! I've had the Turbo kit a year almost and have bought all sorts of other stuff since /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I came to the conclusion that I would prefer to do things all at once and do them properly instead of adding this bit then adding that bit. Especially when most of them are all in the same area and would mean repeated (and unnecessary) removal of 'new' parts. I'd rather just put them all in once!

Cheers

T

I know what it's like when you seem to just collect bits and bobs.......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

But you've got the right attitude for sure - just do it all in one go and get it over with.

Any clues to timescale, Tim?

Unsure to be honest... there are things that I don't have yet. Expensive things!

I need a decent brake and suspension setup.

Ideally I would love to go for the ECS setup front and rear with a good set of coilovers, maybe H&R or Bilstein.

I already have uprated H&R ARB's waiting to go on and also a Drive Train Stabiliser keeping it company in the garage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The engine parts are all but 'collected' and it's waiting to be pulled out, performed surgery on and built back up again... although I do need a FMIC.

I'm actually thinking of using a chargecooler though.

You can see the type of thing I have been considering here

And this guy in the states sells them much cheaper and has been unbelievably helpful with regards information etc.

But anyway... this is all WAY off topic! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cheers

T

this stuff looks very interesting indeed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

a nice 260bhp would do me tho /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

manifold looks good, worthwhile even if not changing the turbo?

The manifold would be beneficial, yes.

It is a known fact that the major strangle point and therefore performance inhibitor with our engines is the crap manifold.

Star performance have already proved that these manifolds can gain roughly 10HP IIRC on their rolling road.

Not bad just for a manifold and proves how bad the Audi item really is.

EDIT: See here

ah seems like a good bit of kit then,

was thinking of a miltek exhaust so may d this aswell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Would certainly help it all breathe a bit better...

anymore updates on these?

would really like an upgrade on mine to give about 260/270bhp from my standard 190bhp

I have a Milltek Turbo back with a simple sheilded cone modification.
Made a massive difference to the responsiveness.

I just had a new FMIC fitted as well, its a Forge item, they have just developed for the B5, very impressed, didn't expect to notice the difference without the turbo and remap that I am planning.
Got a slight increase in fuel economy and a massive increase in power hold in the high rev range.
Used to tail off when I had been giving it some over and above 5k+ now it just keeps on pulling.

here:
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e221/bewsh/DSC03116.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e221/bewsh/DSC03094.jpg

DSC00054.jpg

well i asked for something that would cope with a VF34 IHI conversion and circa 340.
cost? Don't know.
Mine was the development car for the kit so I got the bits for free ; )
guessing north of £500 for the fitting kit.

call them, ask for richard, should be on the market soon.
Tell him Ed sent you. Won't make any difference to the price i doubt, he will just know I am grateful and returning the favour!

managed to get some info from starperformance, seems they may be able to help me get my 260-290bhp with the GT2X kit.

oh how tempted i am /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That should be no problem, Kenny.

I'll be going for it in a year or so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

yeah he quoted me approx prices, seem good, just dont want to spend a fortune

would save me getting sports cat and downpipe straight away as it would give more than i want to start, and if i wanted more i could go for these items.

not heard of anyone else having one fitted yet tho