FPR replacement

tbird_gprs

Reaction score
Hiya,

I have read that I can change the FPR to a 4bar unit that is a standard VAG part?!?!? Does anyone know what the number is???

This is so that when I get a ECU upgrade later this year I can have the appropriate 4bar program installed.

Thanks all!!!

/Gavin
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Gambba,

I have a 1.8T 20v in an Octavia vRS. The 4bar FPR is an option when choosing the RevoTechnik ECU upgrade. I think there is only a small bhp increase but it maybe the only thing I change on the car from standard so want the most I can get!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Still not decided what to eventually go for, Revo trial next Saturday for Five hours while a cruise /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif from Nottingham to Anglesey and can give it a fair trial in that time.

/Gavin

Looks like the numbers do change this is the part number out of a Passat 1.8T 2001 0280 160 575. This is a bosch number I think the other number is a Audi part number, it doesn't start with the correct numbers to be a bosch part.

But why would you want to change the fpr? do you have a long or transverse engine?

I don't think the FPR gives any HP gains, but from what I understand, the added pressure helps to insure your injectors (esp on modded cars) get sufficient fuel at high revs. I have to call Oettinger today, so I'll try to remember to ask.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif