Is this an alternative to chipping?

interesting find. in reality, i wouldn't let them anywhere near my ECU unless i new the assembly language needed do disasseble and understand what registers they had modified.

use at your own risk!

I believe its possible, and advisable, to back up the ecu first. A bit beyond me just yet.
Any volunteers to try it out for the greater good of Audikind? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I like to think I'm an optimist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too!

So why do you give it a go and tell us how you get on?

£17!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

where do i get the cables cant i used the vag-com cable??

[ QUOTE ]
where do i get the cables cant i used the vag-com cable??

[/ QUOTE ]
No, you need a cable that is capapble of writing to the ecu, so I'm told, this is the cheapest I have found on E-Bay, it goes for around £200+ at the end of the auctions. I think you would have to be brave to try it, if you do, let me know if it works.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V..._Pr4_PcY_BID_IT

Basically he has got a load of mapping files that you can use to map your own car providing you have the mean to do it. Take upsulote software for one, the disc will have say 5 different maps that you could flash your ECU with providing you can flash your chip as like mine it had to be soldered out and a new chip installed as it could not be flashed.

I would say for £17 is a bargain for all those maps and hay if you master how to sort it out on your ECU you could do a few for other at a small price.

Or we all chip in and by a copy of you so that you get back your £17, why don't I buy it and sell copies for a £5 each as you also get apps like VAGCOM from the sound of it.