AH FabricationsBadger5
    Reverse Gear

Status

Extra BHP from A6 2.4 Tip

Hi All,
    New to this and Audi's. Can anyone tell me if these potentiometers I keep seeing on Ebay actually increase the bhp or is it just another con. Don't have much info on them, but seem to work on the basis of fooling the ecu in to giving out more fuel or something. Any help welcome.

Livvy

2. # ADS
    ADS

imported_VaulterTim

Re: Extra BHP from A6 2.4 Tip

Wouldn't bother at all...well and truly the 'cowboy' way to tune a car, if it does at all [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

imported_bubstar

[ QUOTE ]
    Hi All,
    New to this and Audi's. Can anyone tell me if these potentiometers I keep seeing on Ebay actually increase the bhp or is it just another con. Don't have much info on them, but seem to work on the basis of fooling the ecu in to giving out more fuel or something. Any help welcome.

Livvy

[/ QUOTE ]

Just adding more fuel will not give more power......... You need to put more air through too (or get more in and out ) - Hence more boost on a turbo Re-Map

Give a tuner a call and see what they say about them - Tell us if you can stop them laughing!!!

BUB [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

Reverse Gear

Status

Thanks for the advice. Been looking at a few tuners web sites, but they don't seem to interested in us normally aspirated user, maybe I need to look further afield.

Many thanks

Livvy [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

imported_VaulterTim

Try Andy at GDI (AndyC on here) he does a lot of work with Clio 182's and produces some great results... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

T