Adjusting the turbo?

wangdoodle

Reaction score
Hi all..newbie question....I have an A4 '04 1.8t 190. It has a BEX engine and I *think* (from reading on here) a K04 turbo.
It feels like the turbo wakes up,or 'kicks in' (if that's the right expression) around 3k revs.Is there a way of adjusting it, making it 'kick in' sooner? I feel like I'm only getting the benefit just before I'm ready to change gear.....getting left behind at the lights :( pretty handy with the spanners but is it something only a remap would do or is there something mechanical I can do?
Cheers - Rob

You have the equiv of a k03s( in transverse terms) and tbh it's all electircally controlled, the turbo should be spooling around 2k on that car std. I'd be looking for a boost leak or similar then get it mapped to come in as soon as possible

as the man above said, personally i went for a revo stage 1 map and couldnt be happier, making full boost of 1bar around 2300 and getting 220hp & 230lbft on the rollers ( 1.8T 150HP originally), problem is with our little turbo's is they run out of steam around 5.5k and cant maintain 1bar for love nor money. A remap will feel like youre driving a different car though....highly recommended.