WOW. Revo 1 RR result!!

koruptc5

Reaction score
Well after my post last month about car running awful after remap then finding problem to be coils and sorting it my car went in for its first ever RR (free of charge as was included in my initial price) and tbh i couldnt believe my figures. 220.4 hp and 229 Lbft.
My mods are modified airbox with BMC filter , N249 delete and a revo map. Very happy with that, poor little K03 is maxx'd though as the graph depicts it cant hold the 1bar above around 5200. i will put up the graph later. operater said the car runs sweet and i should maybe think about a k04-015. I did notice my car does already have a 4bar fpr though which is strange as i thought 150 1.8t's were 3bar.

The boost curve has just helped my decision to go K04 :rock:

Pretty good from a generic remap :thumbsup:

Thanks matey, i told all my mates it felt on par with my old blob eye WRX but there answer was nooo way, its just because you havent had the scoob for 4 years so anything feels fast lol. this proves its almost exactly as a standard uk WRX.:sm4:

This is the kind of figure I'm looking to get my B6 1.8T (190) up to. I'm sure I read some threads on here that are now quite old where 225hp-230hp was achieved with the K03. This is what I'm hoping to get close to however I think I'll need a live map for that and not a generic one.

Do you think your airbox mod made much if any difference? and what mod did you do exactly? The N249 delete is a totally new one to me, is that absolutely required to get more power? My plan was to fit a Miltek resonated / un-resonated exhaust, TIP and have a live map created.

Nice figures though! What did you think of Regals work? I live in Southampton and have two places in mind to go to get mine tuned. One is Regal and one is JKM in Portsmouth. I've not really had any dealings with either when it comes to their workmanship quality. I did have a rolling road day at Regal when I owned my 306 Gti6 but that's as far as my dealings go with them.

I read through a rather lengthy thread on here about tuning the 1.8T and it says about fitting an S2000 cone filter. This however was on an S3 where the ending is transverse, thus a totally different layout. Is the airbox mod you carried out one that is documented on here? Also how loud is the induction noise? I don't really want anything that is crazily loud, like my last car was. I've also found a guide for the N249 delete, again though it's on an S3 so assume it is similar but bolted in a different place.

I read through a rather lengthy thread on here about tuning the 1.8T and it says about fitting an S2000 cone filter. This however was on an S3 where the ending is transverse, thus a totally different layout. Is the airbox mod you carried out one that is documented on here? Also how loud is the induction noise? I don't really want anything that is crazily loud, like my last car was. I've also found a guide for the N249 delete, again though it's on an S3 so assume it is similar but bolted in a different place.

Im afraid i havent documented it paul, basically when i got the car i always love to mess around myself (cheaply) at first then eventually i spend a tonne of cash lol. BUT this airbox mod seems to have actually helped, unfortunately i never had the car rolling roaded with just that so i dont know if that is helping or i just had a very healthy car to start. All i did was cut a huge hole in the airbox as far away from any heat as possible then threw in a BMC panel filter and as for loud....well its not bark loud like with NA cars, actually there is none of that but the turbo is VERY loud, like it may suck in small animals/children etc.lol. N249 delete is supposed to get rid of the smoothness of boost delivery apparently though i think the map does this anyway as it kicks in quite violently now, like a 90's turbo car if you get me..nothing,nothing...boooooost. As far as tuners go regal are pretty good though i get the feeling they would rather you be driving an astra VXR. I have heard very good things about JMK, my work colleague takes his 480Hp Cossie there and a there is a guy that had alot of his car built and mapped there which is a 700Hp fiesta 4wd!!!!

when the above RR was done the car also had fresh coil packs and i just did an oil change, dont know if the 4bar FPR does anything but the car already had that strangely

I think I will go and have a good long chat with the guys down at JMK first to get their opinion on what I need to do to get the results I desire. I'm like you however and I love to tinker, can't help myself. There is little point me ripping parts off the car for no reason as it'd be just my luck I'll damage something that is required along the way. Thanks for the info :icon_thumright:

im available 7:30pm and after weekdays if you want to witness a revo stg1 (and remember A6 ways ALOT):racer:

Thanks for the offer, might take you up on it at some point in time. I'm thinking though if a remap is going to do the same thing as carrying out the N249 delete then I may not do that mod. I also read it is something to do with the traction control system but if I really think that's hampering me I can always turn it off.

Or just buy a TFSI K03 and have that power (or much more) without having to pull things off the engine

Just a thought

Must be something wrong with my BEX engined A4. Only made 167.9hp stock then 197hp after a Revo stage 1. Very confused. Think I'll get back to JKM motorsport on Monday. I should have pursued it more whilst I was there really.

Longitudinal? If you mean engine layout yes but it isn't a quattro it is a fwd S-line.

My dyno result, just power and boost

3a4o.jpg

Quite annoying that your K03 turbo got you 220 and my K03s turbo only managed 197hp :( something has to be broken / leaking somewhere.

Okay

Some cars will 'show' xxx power on dyno, and others with the same mods wont. The answer for that is - SOME CARS ARE JUST ****!!

Just because lets say 5 people have 1.8T 150hp K03-S doesn't mean they will all get the same power. Most are old and f*&(^ed why don't people consider this? What fuel is being used? Where is the full service history (hopefully not fake, its easy to buy a book from dealers and stamp yourself).

General wear and tear.

Then consider the dyno operator/dyno cell temperature (did remapper adjust KFTARX then 'see' what difference it make afterward?).

Please everybody look at your cars (my own ****ty Golf is 2006 therefore OLD), and think about how many years it has been used on Planet Earth since manufacturer date.

:)

I appreciate what you're saying but at 66k miles I'd like to think it isn't at the f***ed phase in its life yet. I know the previous owner and it had a full service history bar the last one which was carried out by an independent and I have receipts for the parts fitted. Cambelt / waterpump was changed at 62k miles. That's not to say something has been overlooked. I'll get to checking various parts myelf. As for fuel Shell Nitro v-power is all I've put in it since I've owned it and it has done about 2000miles on that fuel now.

I'm not a complete noob when it comes to dynos etc. I know every dyno reads differently and every car is slightly different. Are they 20hp different though? to me that just seems to be rather a lot, especially considering the Audi 1.8T in the model below mine is 163hp.

I didn't watch the run being carried out, I wish I had as I could have asked what compensations etc he was applying on the run. It is due a service again soon so I'll have that carried out and then try and get along to a club dyno day or something to see if that has made any difference. I do appreciate I could just have a crap engine in my A4 but I'm obviously hoping it is something else.

I've driven so many 1.8T and I have to say ''most'' are dying.

Your car is probably fine. As long as AFR is nice, and the car pulls well there wont be a problem.

Many cars I put on dyno show ''less'' than other peoples, but on the road its a different story.. Maybe test your car against another of 'similar' power, or even another identical 1.8T to yours both with original software (or both with Stage 1) and see what happen :)

Your car may 'show' less but be quicker in real life ;)

Out of interest which line on Koruptc5's chart is the boost? I think it is the second highest peaking one? or is that pre remap boost then the 3rd highest peaking line a post remap boost curve?

My boost curve is stronger than the lower one on this chart but nowhere near as strong as that 3rd line.

Does anyone know anywhere in local to Southampton who has a smoke test kit?

I can't remember if i have an AFR line on any of my plots Jackie, I'll take a look when I get home from work. I have the torque in the most useful place when driving, just be nice to have a little more power to back that rush up in the higher end of the rev range. I'm also one for numbers and it irks me that I'm supposedly down 20hp. As said it is the first vehicle I've owned that has had figures nowhere near quoted manufacturer figures. All my bikes and previous car were spot on.

Here is my AFR plot

AFR plot

I think it's OK? seems to hold pretty flat and is a lot flatter than the pre remap. I can't remember which was is lean but I recall hovering around 13 is good. Unsure why the pre remap afr plot drops like it does at the top end of the rev range?

He should give you fuel separately - would be easier.

Looks like the red (Dropping to under 11.0 AFR), but might be the blue (Dropping to around 12.2 AFR <-- little bit lean but shouldn't kill it. I like around 11.8/11.9 AFR at redline in these).

Thanks Jackie. Blue is how it is now. Not sure if they took it all the way to the redline, probably not much point seeing as power was already tailing off quickly.

It says to 6450RPM (bottom of graph) it should be okay. They rev to 6800RPM which is more than enough for me personally.

Yeah car should be sweet. I'll have to unfollow these notifications - still working!

Hope you figure out whatever it is you need to find. Personally I'd log it and check fuelling/RPM as minimum, but i'm sure its fine - just leave as it is. Ignore the gay figures

Just thought I'd feedback. I did a run with the VCDS plugged in and got my MAF readings. It all looks really good. Making 180g/s which is spot on for a stage 1 map as far as I'm aware. Revo info I've read states a K03 is usually 150g/s -170g/s stock. Only thing is I know I have the K03s turbo. With that airflow potentially the car should be making around the 220-225hp mark anyway. I could have some huge drivetrain drag or something though.

g14a.jpg

I went through all of the car receipts and the plugs and all filters were only changed a few k miles before I purchased it along with a few other bits of work like rocker cover gasket and crankcase breather pipe changed.

Think I'll do what you suggest and ignore the gay figures as I reckon my engine is running pretty much spot on. Only bummer was the dreaded post remap coil pack failure happened to me the week after. Had to happen on a night it was raining too. I had a spare set in the boot so a quick bit of DIY in the rain and I had a smooth running engine again. I've ordered myself another complete set as I'm unsure how long coil packs will last on a remapped car but I figure for the expense it's worth having a set in the boot at all times anyway.

Yeah 1.8T are prone for popping coil packs - doesn't matter though, they're sweet cars.

Enjoy!!