brembo brakes

Mo-S3

Reaction score
Ive got a set of brembo GT calipers to go on my S3 but no discs.

Do i have to go for the brembo discs or can i use a differnet brand all together?

What size do i need to be looking for and which brand would be suitable to use with these brembo calipers?

Its also got EBC greenstuff pads on it

Thanks guys/gals

Is it possible to use R32 disks?

I have those brembo calipers mounted with custom-made caliper carrier and I use original 312mm S3 disks...

[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible to use R32 disks?

I have those brembo calipers mounted with custom-made caliper carrier and I use original 312mm S3 disks...

[/ QUOTE ]

You could, but would need to obviously get new brackets made up. Now i think the R32 disc friction surface is a fair bit wider than that of the brembo discs or S3 discs so may look a bit naff once they wear down a bit. Would be best to just stick to the brembo discs i think.

RIch

Problem with the Seat Cupra R discs that they are just plain and cost £96 each +vat. I was hoping to fit some grooved ones.

What about Tarox, or Red Dot, or similar??

Anyone know or tried this ?

Have a chat to www.badger5.co.uk Bill does brembo stuff cheaper, he's done some brembo discs but grooved and he's doing some slightly bigger floating discs to suit the brembo calipers.

Also, there's www.galfer.co.uk - apparently Galfer supply pads to Brembo, and this guy is the first distributor in the uk. They also have some "extreeme" discs. GB of pads on seatcupra.net

[ QUOTE ]
Problem with the Seat Cupra R discs that they are just plain and cost £96 each +vat. I was hoping to fit some grooved ones.

What about Tarox, or Red Dot, or similar??

Anyone know or tried this ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Read Glen's posts here on the Seat Cupra discs.

Kev.

Im now bidding some Porsche 911 GT3 calipers from ebay. If I get those calipers then I need to get some disks for those. Any ideas what disks I should use? Those R32 disks could do the job but then I can´t use my standard 17" wheels. Is there any other large disks that could be fit to S3 than Leon Cupra R or Golf R32?

Those GT3 brake pads are 140mm x 80mm (5.5" x 3.1"), so how big is pad friction area (height) in those Cupra R disks? Those Brembo GT bads are110mm x 69mm (4.3" x 2.7") so there is 10mm height difference there.

Caliper carriers are no problem, but disks i need to spot somewhere...