Jabba Chip

TQS

Reaction score
Hi - have been reading up and am interested in getting my A3 "Jabba'd" as they seem to offer best value for money (bespoke, RR before and after and less than £500 all in)

Has anyone one here had this done in either London (or the outskirts which ismy preference) or Manchester?

What have your experiences been (if any!) and more to the point, where can I get this done in the next month or so (ish)...???

Cheers for any input

Martin
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

You could also consider the AMD group buy I am setting up. £470 inc VAT for a full rolling road remap.

Just seen that mate - any idea what the difference between the two is???
From my research, Jabba would seem to offer a tailor made chip that would generate around the 225 mark from my current 180... although for some reason Jabba isn't seen as being that popular amongst Audi drivers...

I don't know what the difference is but the AMD remap is also tailored to your car (assuming you don't go for the generic map). Both are well respected so I am sure you would be happy with either one. Depends if you are willing to travel to Bicester (near Oxford) or not to get to AMD.

[ QUOTE ]
Just seen that mate - any idea what the difference between the two is???
From my research, Jabba would seem to offer a tailor made chip that would generate around the 225 mark from my current 180... although for some reason Jabba isn't seen as being that popular amongst Audi drivers...

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoever you go to (AmD or Jabba) you won't be disappointed....

As Rich says above, you wont be dissappointed - I went to Jabba and they do tailor each chip to the car...... The chap actually said to me he could get a lot more torque / bhp but after testing, the engine was lumpy and not smooth / cutting out etc. - The mekanic wanted to ensure the setup was so clean and smooth to deliver maximum output with a smooth delivery
Rollin road before and after and a nice graph showing the brfore and after figures.

Had to wait in the waiting room but played happily all day on the X box and filled myself with coffee.....

I'm sure AMD are the same.

seems to be related to the background you come from. I have owned performance VW's before, and have always respected the platinum work JABBA can do on G-laders, so would trust them on my S3.

However, I don't know if they do the one-click tuning option like AMD do - this for me would be a must.

actually found it after being mislead by google.... so AMD will only get me a max of 30 extra bhp whereas Jabba can offer up to 229 bhp (or an extra 49 bhp!!!)
I know it's not all about the bhp but it is a good indicator isn't it?

49 versus 30 is a big difference in my book.... just wondering if anyone has any comments/views/experiences...?

Yes BHP is a good indicator, however Torque (the kick in the back when you floor it) is also an important factor - more torque, makes a big difference to feel and drive of the car...

And also dont forget claimed figures arent always the truth and some rolling roads are not very accurate!! In reality, there is not going to be anything in it!

Yeah - you're probably right Rich - i spose it's all about the drive when all's said and done!
My insurance needs renewing at in Sep so if i can get a decent quote with my 5 years ncd hopefully i'll be taking the plunge (and will post on the GB forum!) - i've had an enjoyable year at the 180 level and can't wait to see what the difference is gonna be!
I know it's an age old question but any ideas on who's best to chase for a decent quote (i'm with Adrian Flux at the mo)? I find it best to call them after i've had a few others and get them to beat it! Also tried the sticky at the top of the A3 forum but it seems the insurance bits have been moved to a restricted area?!

Adrian Flux seem to be best around as far as ive found. I am currently paying £513 fully comp with them for my S3 and they quoted me £620 once its been remapped .

I'd recommend jabba ,there a good company.You won't be disappointed with the remap from them.

yeah me 2, big thumbs up for jabba did a fantastic job with my octy vRS

Now i've got a 'decent' quote for insurance (£730 with NCD protected) i'm still undecided between the two - Jabba offer the better performance but AmD is the more popular amongst Audi drivers.... price with the AmD group buy is very similar too but i'm thinking along the lines of Stella Artois (AmD is reassuringly expensive)

AmDs in Oxford - where abouts would I have to go to get Jabba'd (from London or Manchester)?

If you do decide to go with AmD just PM me with your full name, car, and the mod you want and I'll add you to the list for the group buy.

[ QUOTE ]
Now i've got a 'decent' quote for insurance (£730 with NCD protected) i'm still undecided between the two - Jabba offer the better performance but AmD is the more popular amongst Audi drivers.... price with the AmD group buy is very similar too but i'm thinking along the lines of Stella Artois (AmD is reassuringly expensive)

AmDs in Oxford - where abouts would I have to go to get Jabba'd (from London or Manchester)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get too caught up in bhp figures. The AmD and Jabba will be about the same.

I would take the offer of the group buy to be honest with you... Its a good deal...

hello ppl, i would alos be interested in the group buy, dunno what i want with my a4Q, however am lookin into remap/chip.

[ QUOTE ]
hello ppl, i would alos be interested in the group buy, dunno what i want with my a4Q, however am lookin into remap/chip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have a look at the AmD group buy thread in the Group Buy forum for the options. If you want to take advantage of the savings on this group buy then send me a PM with your name, car (inc year) and the remap you want.

Marc