Superchips

mebrown001

Reaction score
Hi guys, i want some more power for my 1.8T(150bhp) and have been checking out all the relevant posts on which company is best etc. as i am a worryer that something that will go wrong and only a student/trainee i want something that isnt going to in any way effect the car or nacker it up etc. Superchips seem to be the only company that offer a 12 month warranty but only claim 30bhp. i am just wondering if any1 has had a chip from them, what the service is like and whether i will get more or less than 30 bhp. thanks in advance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

A few people have had problems with superchips on here but then again others have been ok.

What about AmD? They offer 6 months warranty (Check to make sure but I think its 6 months!)

You don't tend to hear of many cars on here who have had problems after the remap, so as long as you stick to the mainstream tuners i.e mtm, apr, AmD etc you should be fine..

I had my car remap done at 4k miles, its now on 53k, hasn't missed a beat. Dealer serviced. All done by Superchips. Would have no problems with recommending them

oh really, didnt realie AMD did a warranty.... well i guess if thats the case i will probably get one from them because they give a bit more power than a superchip. just hav to wait for another group buy then! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif