Getting a TT 225 - what mods should i do?

Currently looking for a TT 225 Coupe. In all the excitement I'm getting carried away with all the mods I'm going to do to it when I finally find the perfect one. Here's what I'm planning (Credit Card Bashing on its way!!) -

Exhaust - either APR or Miltek - any preferences?

Remap chip

Induction kit - any recommendations? Would you go for a K&N or a sealed unit?

Diverter Valve

And some 18's - gonna really have to think hard about the design of them.

Let me know what you think of my plans and what else you would recommend doing.

APR is very loud and expensive. The Milltek has an excellant noise level and sound and is not so expensive. A new back back helps the car rev much better.

The remap is open to everyone's biased suggestion. I'd suggest experiencing as many as possible before deciding. I had APR on my TT and now AMD on the S4. If you go to one of the TT meets on tt-forum.co.uk then they'll be happy enough to take you out so you experience the different possibilities.

Induction kits have a mixed review. If you slightly over oil then you bu99er you the MAF. I never bothered.

DV - Depends on the age of the car. Now the DVs don't fail but it the car's older then it may be worth replacing.

18's - I put RS6 wheels on mine (after I'd had RS4's and before that the 6 spokes). I definately prefer the RS6s and have just added them to my S4.

Other - Depends what you're after and how much you're willing to spend. Do you want handling, performance, looks or everything?

Won't be able to spend too much, getting a big enough loan to buy the car in the first place.

I would like to do a bit to the body. Quite like the look of the sportec kit. I'd also consider uprating the brakes (maybe even to the porsche kit). Suspension I'm not sure about. Haven't test driven the tt at high speeds yet so not sure what the handling is like.

Probably just stick with adding a bit extra power to start with.

Regarding your comment on induction. I was considering just upgrading the standard air filter to a K&N panel. I think that's probably a good compromise?!

Thanks for your advice - much appreciated.

Most people don't find any improvement just by replacing the OEM panel filter with an aftermarket one.

I'm slightly confused by your post as saying "won't spend too much" and uprating to Porsche brakes don't really go hand in hand. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Point taken. I am thinking down the line when it comes to suspension, brakes and such bits. I could really only afford the remap and exhaust to start with. The other bits would come along when i get the cash together. Again the bodywork would be much further down the line also. A nice set of wheels will smarten the look up straight away enough to keep me going anyway.

I'll keep posting on my progress as and when i do the mods.

Bring it up, we'll fit a Milltek, plop a Revo on and we can even do you a nice set of replica alloys if your interested.

These people I reckon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm tempted next time I'm over in Wales to get mine rolling roaded as the *from* price seems pretty reasonable on the website.

Grantos, how much to RR a FWD A4 1.8T mate?

Kev.

if you are short of money, the first thing to buy is the chip - any upgrade will do.

secondly upgrade the suspension - you wil get far more out of your car with good suspension and be able to use the extra chipped power.

to be honest an exhaust is about the most expensive way to get no usable new power i can think of - unless you are going the big turbo route.

the air filter wont gain you anything and neither will a new valve unless your current one is broken.

Yes, we are Westec Performance, we can RR (power run) your car for £40+VAT!