TTDA Air filters, where do u get 'em from?

Defratos

You’re Dethpicable!!
Reaction score
Website
00626e1.netsolhost.com
Hey guys, I've fallen in love with this air filter, it's perfect for what I need and probably some of you have seen it around the forum somewhere. I've just got one question, how can I get one? Or was that a DIY job that someone decided to do???

Filter.jpg

blueheaven1-vi.jpg

http://public.fotki.com/ttschwing/ttda_and_other_inta/

I need one ='( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I think RichA3Turbo has one lined up for his car.

[/ QUOTE ]

RichA3Turbo has one fitted on his car!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif Does a cracking job too. Its the first filter i've fitted which did actually make a difference. The turbo spools up about 200rpm sooner than it used to! its a great filter and although 'homemade' is the BEST filter i have ever seen/had. Its ****** excellent quality and looks real nice too. Speak to Steve Schwing (seschwing@earthlink.net)...Hes a nice chap.

I got mine when i went to San Francisco a few weeks back....had it delivered to my hotel for $10 and bought it back in my suitcase evading duty and VAT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Its $50 for UK shipping and you run the risk of paying duty and vat on it. I paid $200 for the filter and then $25 (i think) for 7ft of neoprene ducting. Definately worth it i'd say.

Steves Site

Rich

Yeah I agree Rich, the quality looks great on the pages, and the fitments are just perfect, and the great thing is that it has two cold air feeds which is just perfect. Thanks a lot Rich, I've been lookin around for a while, and would be up for paying duty and VAT if it means I'll get it, hehe. Cheers again guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

RichA3Turbo has one fitted on his car!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif Does a cracking job too. Its the first filter i've fitted which did actually make a difference. The turbo spools up about 200rpm sooner than it used to! its a great filter and although 'homemade' is the BEST filter i have ever seen/had. Its ****** excellent quality and looks real nice too. Speak to Steve Schwing (seschwing@earthlink.net)...Hes a nice chap.

I got mine when i went to San Francisco a few weeks back....had it delivered to my hotel for $10 and bought it back in my suitcase evading duty and VAT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Its $50 for UK shipping and you run the risk of paying duty and vat on it. I paid $200 for the filter and then $25 (i think) for 7ft of neoprene ducting. Definately worth it i'd say.

Steves Site

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice work Rich, when are you up in Brum next? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Steves Site

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice work Rich, when are you up in Brum next? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was up there this weekend just gone but was a but manic so had no time... i'll let you know when im up there again!

Brumi? I love Brumi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif lol, especially the queens way tunnel and all the other odd roads comin into it.......(hummm, a bit bored today) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10_1_114.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Brumi? I love Brumi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif lol, especially the queens way tunnel and all the other odd roads comin into it.......(hummm, a bit bored today) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10_1_114.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Queensway tunnel is great! 2nd gear quick trip to 6000rpm and back sounds ****** awesome. Should have heard this modded WRX STi in there the other day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

[ QUOTE ]
lol, yeah man you know where I'm talkin about lol. Hey Rich, I don't suppose you have any Vag readings with the new air filter? like how much more air is being sucked in with the TTDA over the standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never used the standard air box with the IHI...alwys had an aftermarket filter so couldnt really say!

Rich

Am i right in thinking that its just an MDF tube wrapped in carbon effect tape with a cone filter inside?

$200? you must be mad, did you never watch blue peter as a kid or something. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Loool, I'm not too good with my hands, scared I'll glue a finger or two /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif for that sort of money id be giving it a go mate.

Like everything else, something is only worth what you are willing to pay!

$200 ain't that much with todays exchange rate... once you buy the K&N cone filter, flanges and other material - the guy want be making that much from the item.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Queensway tunnel is great! 2nd gear quick trip to 6000rpm and back sounds ****** awesome. Should have heard this modded WRX STi in there the other day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I drove a Ferrari 360M with the windows open through Queensway Tunnel, OMG! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Am i right in thinking that its just an MDF tube wrapped in carbon effect tape with a cone filter inside?

$200? you must be mad, did you never watch blue peter as a kid or something. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well...No. Its MGD based yes, with insulation inside, actual carbon fibre on the outside (carbion fibre mat resined and gel coated on with a K&N cone filter. Works very well indeed and loooks great too. It really is the best filter kit ive got my hands on so far.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I drove a Ferrari 360M with the windows open through Queensway Tunnel, OMG! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I can imagine! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif