Revo at Drivers in Glasgow?Any experiences?

IanL-RS3

Reaction score
Anybody used Drivers in Glasgow for Revo'ing their car?

Thinking about getting a trial.

Just wanted a few opinions first.

I've only used them to fit clifford alarms in the past - they always done a very neat job with them and I had no issues.

Is the Revo a new service from them?

I'm sure one of the lads that work there is an S3 owner. If you get stuck why not take it through to Jim at Star. He certainly knows his stuff. Have seen him do a couple at RR meets.

hi guys
this is my first thread on this site ,if you want a name to ask for at drivers ask for big billy tell them jack sent you , he is BIG but he is the dogs beloveds and he doesnt shhhhtt you about, there isnt much about any motor he doesnt know about

hi mate
no nothing actually just took del of a4 after a focus that the wife has so im in the mood for things to happen after payday, bigger alloys and spoiler and whatever else, i actually know the big chap( billy) but he told me not to go near him with the pxy focus

glad its all working out nicely /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

what did you pay without RR?
Anybody got any opinions on doing remap without RR? I guess RR is required to tune remap to individual car? Or is it not that important on a standard car, more for those with upgraded exhausts etc?

Either I think i'll pay drivers a visit in the summer for a trial /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi,

Standard price across all revo agents 499 + Vat = £586, the thing with revo is that even if the agent had a rr the map cannot be tuned to your car as it is a generic remap (although it can but switched to different preferences with sps switches, would have been good to get the figures before and after but the difference is amazing. Car is just a year old so did not have any probs anyway, i believe that they did check with vag.com for fault codes before and after anyway.

If you are wanting rr custom re-map your best bet is either Jim at Star who now does his own maps or possibbly Bedrock Veedubs in Motherwell who are the Jabba agents both of which have rr's, it a personal choice, I would have gone for Jabba but as I said they did not have the map for my car, they should have one for the S3's though but I believe they change the actual chip.

Best of luck whatever you decide but certainley worth doing which ever route you decide on.

Hi,

The price is not negotaible it is £499+ vat at all Revo Dealers, part of their contract with Revo, by the way if you did not notice much of a difference with the demo there was clearly something already wrong with your car as the difference is night and day.

Anyway I was happy spending my money and am pleased with the results so thats all that matters to me besides I knew the price beforehand.

You are obviously entitled to your opinion, by the way what is it you drive?

If you found little difference with the trial software, there's definitely something wrong with the car.

The whole point of the trial is experiencing 85% of what the full software delivers and why it's worth £499 + vat.

Most people don't bother with a RR run as they can feel the difference on the road. That's why I always conduct before and after runs with my customers, by the time they drive me back to my place I don't have to ask for payment, they're happy to give it.

That's why I became a dealer, people couldn't believe the difference in the car.

The point about the time it takes is immaterial, if you'd rather wait 5 hours and get the same return, fine, its up to you. Most people want it sooner rather than later.