Upgrading Turbocharger

Also will be interesting to see if you can repeat amd's figures on another RR.
What about nobles?

[ QUOTE ]
Any more news on this ATP GT28RS "bolt-on" kit?

By bolt-on I assume it will use the existing manifold, or is that naive? :)

Cheers

AL

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally wouldnt want to use the stock manifold when using a bigger turbo as i bt it will crack in not so long. Its also too small and will be a restriction. You can get (cant remember where) uprated manifolds for the K04, and if you can get one of these and fit the 'bolt on' 28RS to it then this would be a good idea... Could use the 3" downpipe thats available and sports cats and would be a relatively simple upgrade...Would just need to get someone to map it.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Any more news on this ATP GT28RS "bolt-on" kit?

By bolt-on I assume it will use the existing manifold, or is that naive? :)

Cheers

AL

[/ QUOTE ]

These?

http://www.atpturbo.com/root/releases/release041205.htm

...June in the US, so a while yet.for us.

Is it turbo dynamics who are supposedly developing the RHD manifold? They've been working on it for ****** ages!

A

:-(

It's taking them an awful long time to remap S3mon. Are they having problems?

[ QUOTE ]
Aaaarrrrggghhhhhhhh

The suspense is killing me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me about it

Simon

Get your custom map money back and head off up to JBS...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

When have they told you it will be ready?
It's been at least 2 weeks since the deadline?

[ QUOTE ]
Any suggestions regarding my A3 1.8T FWD? (AGU engine)

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how much power you want and how much you want/have to spend and also if you want to go as far as uprating the engines internals .etc

RIch

Yeah i here that AMD are stopping mapping cars where the turbos and other upgrades are not carried out by them. This is probably because it takes tham soooooooooooooooooooooo long!!

hmmm,Thats sounds dodgy mate.What was it that they were exactly unhappy with?

Depends on their standards. They say they are not fully happy with it, but that might not mean what you think. Reserve judgement until they say what it made and,more importantly, what Simon says it drives like.
He's very quiet though !

Chris.

[ QUOTE ]
I`ll let you know after I pick it up at the week end.

At least they are not charging for all the hours on the rolling road.

Simon

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck simon, post up impressions figs etc, quite a few on cupra.net are stalking this thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
hope all is well
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif
vern

Look forward to hearing your impressions,i know some other remap methods if you need a hand.

[ QUOTE ]
I`ll let you know after I pick it up at the week end.

At least they are not charging for all the hours on the rolling road.

Simon

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck!

[ QUOTE ]

Good luck simon, post up impressions figs etc, quite a few on cupra.net are stalking this thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
hope all is well
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif
vern

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif

[ QUOTE ]
So I`ve just spoken to AmD and after a spending the last two days on the RR they are still unhappy with the remap but are unable to improve on it.
So they want me to pick it up.

Simon

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe by unhappy they mean not as powerful as they had hoped...

Hi simon,
Did they charge you at all for the remap?Have they put your mtm chip back in?

Hi
Ive got the car back and its not that bad it pulls very well and is smooth but It only boosts to 1.7 bar and 280bhp.

Im not unhappy but feel there is room for improvement. It needs more power to come on quicker I want to be pined to the back of the seat.

Over the next week I`ll be refitting my boost machine and Forge actuator and will see how this goes. In the mean time Ive been in contact with mrctuning to see what they can do.

I can always refit the MTM chip if nothing else works.Its just nice to have the car back after 2 months.

Simon

Torque 328.5 @ 3553

BHP 280.6 @ 5654

When I get time I`ll post the graphs.

But theres masses of area under the torque curve.

Simon

Quite similar results to a standard k04 at 1.7 bar then.I thought the hybrid would produce more power at lower boost.
I really think the exhaust housing is the restriction mate.Is it a bit more laggy than the standard k04?
Are you coming to the gti festival?

I was thinking of using Mihnea too,seems a pretty knowledgable guy.Managed too sort something else in the end.

haldex can take more than most can throw at it,hgp r32 twin turbo is 500+bhp and i believe that is still haldex.
mtm had a 400bhp s3 with haldex.

clutch probably 300lb/t and the standard one starts to wilt.

I've seen quite a few stainless manifolds for stock turbos(k04),these would require good bracing to avoid cracking with the weight of a heavy gt28rs.I might have seen a cast one in the states but i can't recollect where.
So thats a new manifold,new turbo/kit,new downipe and flange,new oil and water lines,de-cat or sports cat.You would need a new intake hose as the inlet on a gt28rs is 3",adapted outlet/ic hose .Then you would need bigger injectors and have it would all mapped.It won't be that cheap.
quote from site "This turbo happily makes a reliable 275 crank HP on pump gas and close to 300 crank HP on high octane
"-k04 performance.

I've read the other bit about how the stock manifold flows better than the atp manifold-hmmmm
I predict big lag,time will tell.