2.6 V6 tuning

I

imported_muscle750

whats the most common if anything done to to this lump i got a A6 1996 with this lump in with a manual box /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Supercharger......

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure about it being that common though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif But it is the only way to go! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I have just purchased an A4 2.6 V6 quattro about a week ago, and was about to ask the very same question, What tuning capabilities do these engines have. Supercharging costs in the region of 4k tho doesnt it?

You could try visiting BBR-GTI

They list a chip for the 2.6 V6 engine, as plus 12%

Im sure a 12% increase would be noticeable

the ABC engine doesnt offer much i am afraid chaps.

From 4 years of 2.8 12v ownership.... The throttle body PP, 3" hoses and air intake improvements (Stack effect) will give a notable increase on these otherwise chocked blocks. all off these can see up to a 15% power and torque hike. More notable the throttle response is a lot better. Although the 2.8 is a lot better for high end as it has a dual intake manifold with a path shift at 4200rpm. You arent going to see much of an increase at the top end unless you can get Shrick Cams still for them too if you look carefully. Exhaust is the other obvious one also. And on the expensive front as well, some P&P work will always improve matters.

I only know of one supercharger on the 12v engine. The PES kit is made for the later 30v engine. but if you are handy, www.motorgeek.com has come good Vee info for tuning/ SC.

Chipping on the older cars also may not be possible as the early ECU's were just never tapped into. I have seen countless claims for 2.8 12v V6 tuning over the 4 years of ownership and not one who actually could. I am not 100% on the B5 models.

I have recently fitted a cat back stainless exhaust to my A6 2.6, along with an induction kit (with shielded filter)

I couldnt tell you if there has been any improvement in performance, but it sounds so much better

I didnt want a loud sounding exhaust either, they did a superb job, a nice deep burble, but not OTT and easy enough to life with when the family in the car without anyone suffering from a headache :)

hey mate, what exhaust did you go with? I am currently looking for something not too loud, i have a 2.6 A4.

I went to a company called Top Gear in Aylesbury UK), agent for powerflow exhausts

A lot of people have slated powerflow on the 'net, in fact my experience with a V6 Omega exhaust fitted at another location put me off somewhat, as it was way too loud

Anyway, they were a top bunch and did a good job

I wasnt looking for any performance gains or the like, just a subtle improvement on the exhaust sound