power pulley kit

amb276s3

bird spotter
Reaction score
Hi, Anybody tried Neuspeed/ECS lightweight pulleys fitted to crank and P.A.S pump on a TT or S3, if yes what difference, (if any), does/did this make, also are their any drawbacks/problems.
Thanks for any replies. AB.

Got the ECS set on my TQ. While I don't have any dyno graph's to back it, it feels like there's more "Ooomph" in the higher revs. I used to have to shift up at around 5300-5500 rpm, but now I shift anywhere between 5500 and 6k /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Anything else I've "Noticed" is prolly mental, as it does seem to rev faster, but not enough for me to be sure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

As far as drawbacks, one thing I've noticed is that the lights dim just a little bit when at idle, but as soon as you give it some gas, they come back full blast.

Can't think of anything else off-hand, but try looking around some of the US sites like Vortex, it seems to be a more popular mod back home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Thanks Drill,
Have ordered the Neuspeed kit, thought it may compliment my lightweight flywheel, my engine management seems to sort out idle speed when climate switched on so i assume it will be same with pulleys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Let me know how they work out with the flywheel as the ECS Stage 1 will be next on my list (AFTER I sort the brakes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hi Markey, I ordered the Neuspeed pulleys from Awesome GTi although RichA3turbo can supply the ECS ones which are slightly cheaper, I only went for the Neuspeed set, which are the same as the TT, because I have other Neuspeed parts on car and the paint Neuspeed use on the pulley is supposed to be more durable, not like i will be showing them off or anything.

No problem drill, get them fitted at AMD on 5th Feb, will post results changes etc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

cheers amb i like the look of them as well,
if you don't mind me asking how much were they all?

amb, did you get the 2 or 3 piece set? IIRC Neuspeed avoids problems like I had (with the lights) by keeping the alternator pulley std. So if you've the 2-piece set, you'll be good to go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Jet a Power Cap as well that helps the batter not to drain to much and you could get a yellow top in the boot to help inline with the power cap with a switching alternator charger.

cheers markey,

i'll still be interested to see the results of the pulleys on peoples motors,

pulleys have arrived, it is the two piece kit , not fitting for another week as waiting for a FMIC to arrive from Sportec, will post results after. AB

[ QUOTE ]
They make both don't they - underdrive (drive the accesories less, so sap less power) and also just lightened - just wondering which you had gone for?

[/ QUOTE ]

The pulleys i have are the 2 piece( crank and pas pump) same as 225 TT on Neuspeeds' website, i believe you can get a 3 piece kit which drives the alternator as well. AB

At last the pulleys are fitted, along with a FMIC from Sportec , AMD carried out the work today and the results are pleasing. A while ago i had a lightenned flywheel fitted with stage 2 clutch and this made the engine rev more freely but after a while i thought the car had lost some of its drivability i.e constant need to change gear, and some chatter at idle although nothing horrid, the fitting of these pulleys seems to have balanced things up and the drivability has returned no need to change down a gear to prevent labouring engine even the idle chatter has almost dissapeared, as for performance the pick up is very smooth no quicker than before until driving at about 70-80 in 4th or 5th give it some gas and JESUS CHRIST its like the car has been given a second wind, just keeps pulling , stronger than before possibly due to the intercooler but sweaty palms alround. This will definately stop me thinking about big turbo conversions for quite a while. As a stand alone mod i wouldn't bother with the pulleys but they work very well with my setup. AB