Powerchips and GIAC

I'm somewhat confused by Neil's comment that the tint has scratched as I don't think the tint is on the outside of the glass on factory fitted grad tint or climate comfort screen.
I've had three 3 series BMWs, 2 330 Cis - 1st with grad tint - no problems with chips or scratching, 2nd with climate comfort screen again no problems with chips or scratching, 3rd (M3) with climate comfort screen - I've got a more or less identical scratch to you caused by grit in wiper blade and have several chips. I wonder if BMW have changed their windscreen glass supplier.
I'd be wary of changing your screen too soon given the quality of workmanship of some replacement glass companies.

Has anyone ever hear of Powerchips. I went to their website and was very impressed. I wanted to know if anyone had ever used one because the power gains they claim are pretty impressive and the company seems fairly creible. The advertised 207hp and 222torque for my 98 A4 2.8. This is more power than can be acheived using a GIAC chip. What do you guys think?

Well I would agree with you that Powerchips have an excellent site, but I've only come across one person on the forums which I frequent in over 2 years. I know very little about Powerchips, but they would seem to be very much like Superchips in that instead of being focussed or well known for particular brands they cover many.

GIAC are well respected in the US and therefore would get my vote...but where in the world are you? Maybe we can recommend some more.

In all honesty it really doesn't matter which you go for on a normally aspirated engine as the gains are minimal and you probably will feel very little difference. If you are determined to go ahead with it then I would say sort yourself out with an exhaust, filter etc. and then get a custom map done on a rolling road for the most gains.