Anyone used Monza dump vavles?

when ever a item is universal, it aint gona be much good, a specific product is normally a better although not cheaper option!

Atmospheric valves are a no-no on the VW/Audi turbo engines. Hard to explain briefly, but it's been covered quite comprehensively on here, so do a search under "dump valves" or similar in the Tuning section. I'm uprating my diverter valve when I get the remap done in a couple of weeks at AMD - they do what they call the 'Viper' diverter valve which I think is basically a servicable Bailey DV30. The OEM Bosch diverter valves are prone to failure, but cheap to replace. You can either treat it as an expendable part and replace it every 10k or so, or do as I'm doing and go for a servicable valve. The only difference is that the stock valve uses a diaphram and most aftermarket ones - like the AMD Viper - use a piston mechanism. The AMD valve may in theory react a split-second slower than a diaphram valve, but should be far more relaible; especially under higher boost.

Drew.

above is slightly correct, but not completely! what is for sure is that No car is made to run with Atmospheric valves!
however i have made my a3 run perfect with a dump valve, if you want it done it is always possible, just call bailey motorsport as they have sorted a few of us out with them. steer clear of universal DV's they are normaly only bad news.

Well I wouldn't say that I'm a 'know it all', and I'm definately open-minded about trying new mods on cars like the atmospheric dump valve on a 1.8T.

It just seems to me that more people have reported poor running from using an atmospheric valve than people reporting a good result first time. Good on you both for being persistant with your quest for the 'tissshhh' noise. I certainly didn't knock your efforts when you were having problems with the intstall Lee. See post "Hold the front page on dump valves" in Tuning.

It's a matter of choice at the end of the day. If a leading manufacturer was to produce an atmospheric valve kit that was PROVEN not to reduce performance or reliability, I'd probably give it a go. I must admit, I do quite like the noise a dump valve makes. But if there was such a thing as a 100% reliable kit, surely we'd have seen some ads by now?

Drew.

No probs Lee, I did get a bit defensive there admittedly. I totally agree with you over the piston/diaphram debate - I'm getting the Stage 2 (remap & Milltek) at AMD in just over a week and I'm ugrading to the AMD Viper piston valve. Who's gonna notice a split-second? It's logical that a valve like a forge/bailey/viper will be more reliable under increased boost, and that's why I'm going for it. Really doubt anyone would notice the difference performance-wise.

And yes, I bet it's quite a feeling to know you're one of very few with an audible valve. I'm tempted to go for BMC kit to amplify the diverter a bit, or I may even go for a setup like yours one day. Got my mind set on the remap at the moment though!!!

Best regards,

Drew.

Yer me too Drew, i would love the same remap but buying a new house has put paid to that for a while, i envy you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Good look with it all and i hope its eveything you want.

That BMC kit is another debate of mine hehehehe, i used to have a Mondeo 24v V6 2.5l which was 173 bhp standard, lovely car, it was the Ghia X model meaning the total works. This also had a MAF set up but i put a K&N induction kit on it and never had any MAF issues ! Sounded awesome being a V6, like a monster race bike /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So again there are more people with K&N kits on their Audi's that work then there are that dont yet....... you guessed it, these kits are supposed to cause problems ????

I dont think there are any rules in this mod game only experience !

And in my opinnion most mods work whether it be blow off valves, Oily filter systems and so on, but we only here about the ones that dont rather then the the ones that do too.

Please let me know how AmD change your performance and by the way your car looks well sorted, nice one.

Take care,

Lee.

Cheers mate, I'll be posting a review of the remapping on the day after I get it done - should be around the 12th Dec. Can't wait for a bit of grunt. Not long now!!!

Drew.