TT overheating

H-M3

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Need help my misus car 2001 tt 225bhp. The fans do not come on even when the temp goes near the red mark. I have changed the temp sensor I have plugged it on the diagnostics but no joy. The only thing is when you take the car off ECON mode then both fan come on??? very confused please help.

Check the green blade fuse and the in line fuse in the fuse box on top of the battery. If the blade fuse and in line fuse are blown, replace them. As the slow speed fans are working and the hih speed fan is not then it could be the high speed resistor in the fan itself. Alternatively could be the control unit. There are many posts on this subject on the www.tt-forum.co.uk

I'd be looking towards the water pump personally. The 1.8T motor is a git for the plastic impelor cracking and rotating on the water pumps metal spindle. Both my Audi's have suffered with this now :(

Check the green blade fuse and the in line fuse in the fuse box on top of the battery. If the blade fuse and in line fuse are blown, replace them. As the slow speed fans are working and the hih speed fan is not then it could be the high speed resistor in the fan itself. Alternatively could be the control unit. There are many posts on this subject on the www.tt-forum.co.uk

I would go with this route too, although the waterpump failure is very common the symptoms seem more electrically related to me.

Charlie
www.TTspares.com