V6 v 20T

paddy

Reaction score
Hi
Anyone here got a useful opinion on the Mk2 V6 ?? as apposed to a chipped 20T for example ??
I would imagine they would both be about equal on power but that doesn't necessarily make them drive the same.......
thinking about swopping my V6 A3 for a V6 TT ?

to me the 2.0 t is so much better get it chipped by apr tuning ud get a higher preformance range than the V6 and its just so much better than the v6 so much fun

I owned a 3.2 MK2 TT..........very big disapointment.

Dont get me wrong, it looked good, sounded great, but boy was it a poor drive. If you can live with the poor sounding (IMO) 2.0T then thats probably the way forward.

Found them sadly not UK based.
For us in the UK, Jabba based near Peterborough.
www.jabbasport.com

Awesome GTI in manchester are the national dealers for APR if you're interested.
I had a previous car APR'd by them and would really recommend them especially with the cruise control extras you get!

Can you stretch to a TTS? I went from an A3 3.2Q to the TTS and it is soooo much better to drive.

I still miss the sound track though!

Cheers,
Dan

I've got a 2.0TFSi but I had a drive in my director's 3.2 and it felt alot heavier, the 2.0 felt nimbler, but the sound of the V6 was ace! But 25 mpg compared to 35+ had a big influence on my decision to buy a 2.0!

It's the same dilemma on the TT-Forum with the MK1 TT turbo or V6 - whenever there is a post on the subject there is alwasy a huge debate :)
Turbo - easier to tune and spiky "fast feeling" power delivery
V6 - a bit more nose heavy, linear power delivery, SOUND :)

I have a 260bhp/300lbft MK1 TT Roadster and so quicker than a standard V6 - cheaper to tune, which is a bonus :)

DSCF6364.jpg

DSCF6328.jpg

DSCF6446.jpg

Charlie