Newbie needs advice

thos

Reaction score
If estoril is still available but not in brochure, does that mean all discontinued colours are available factory fitted (painted in this case!)

Can you order the Individual interior parts separate factory fitted rather than retro-fitted or can you only get it ordering it with Ind. exterior colours?

If yes, does this affect lead times?

No, some coloiurs are not available. The only way to find out is to place an order and see if it is accepted.

Not sure what you mean on the interior parts bit. If you order individual interior then its installed at the factory.

Lead times are affected, quoted lead time is 8 weeks but for just paint its more like 3.

Neil.

New member. I drive an M3. My wife drove a 2002 TT 225HP quattro the other day and loved it. I did a kbb search and it goes for $27,500 here in PA average dealer price. Dealer wants 29,900. I asked why the disparity. He said something about a CPO warranty going beyond the normal Audi warranty on this particular car. Only has 26K miles on it. 6 speed. Coupe Red Very nice but...

What is the base warranty offered by Audi?
Is a CPO warranty something special? He said it goes 2 years after the 2 years left and up to 100K miles.
Is this a good price?
Normal issues with this turbo?

I don't mind paying a fair price. I just want the facts beyond the dealer stuff you usually hear.

Thanks! Nice site here.

49 views and no advice? I'm going in with a 26K offer. Probably get shot down and then end up getting a Jag.

Sorry mate but most people here are in the UK so we've not a lot of experience of US pricing.

Ok

Next topic then... anyone care to comment on a 180hp and 225? I am looking at an '02 225 and '01 180 - both certified. Huge difference in price but if price was not a factor which one would YOU buy and why? I like the dual exhausts and 6speed of the 225 but it is not worth the price difference. By the way, the car is for my wife - if that matters. I drive a 98 M3.

I agree you can get after market exhausts to fit but I was unaware that 180's were now dual piped...at least not any I've seen. Anyway on to the question...

I'd say that the alloys, dual exhaust, Xenons (assumming the situation is the same there as here), the additional performance and the better residuals easily justify the 225 to me. This is a least what I did nearly 4 years ago. The other benefit (which may not be useful in your situation) is that the 225 engine has a larger tuning potential.

Don't know about the CPO. I leased a 2001 TT Quatro 225 Roadster when it first appeared. The selling price was around $43,000.00. It had a flat 4 year warranty with it. The car now has 9000 mi. on it and the leasing bank made me and offer to purchase the car for $21,500.00. Needless to say I did. My wife and I just bought a new BMW 545i but every nice day I get, I'm in the TT.