RS3 engine in a TT

• Thread starter imported_Sniper
  • Start date
I

imported_Sniper

Anbybody have any idea if the 2006 RS3 engine will fit and work in a TT?

Hard to know when nobody knows if the will be an RS3! (but there is alot of people who think they know or maybe I´m the only one who don´t)

But the answer to your question is probberbly, the 3.2 fits bouth!

I thought there was only going to be a new RS3 and not an S3?

blah blah blah!

Simple fact is, NOBODY KNOWS! So its all just pointless.

Rich

Well actually, I've been informed of ALL of Audi's future production plans through 2008, however am forbidden from discussing them on threat of death /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Went to speak to a guy at my local Audi dealership at the weekend to discuss my finance options and ended up chatting about what may be on the forecourt in a year to 2 years time.

He reckons that on a recent tour of the Audi factory he stumbled across the new RS4 shrouded in secrecy and all kinds of stealth styling but there was no way it was anything other than an RS4. He also reckons that the S3 is a definite for the production green light with a 2.0 Turbo producing something in the region of 270BHP with the RS3 to follow by 2005 utilising the current A3 3.2 V6 with a bi-turbo.

[ QUOTE ]
MancheS3er said:
Went to speak to a guy at my local Audi dealership at the weekend to discuss my finance options S3 is a definite for the production green light with a 2.0 Turbo producing something in the region of 270BHP

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry m8 but you've got it wrong as the new S3 will use a mildly tuned version of the 3.2 V6 FSI (as seen in the new A6) pumping 280bhp and not a 2.0 Turbo.

Dealers are already taking deposits for the S3 for a 2005 launch, however I have reserved my £500 deposit for the RS3 which, as you say, will be a 3.2 V6 FSI bi-turbo as it has much more tuning potential.

Man all this Horsepower talk is fu**ing driving me nuts man. It's the race of who has the most powerful car and it's sooooooooooooooooo fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Can you guys imagine, a few years from now, what kind of horsepower will be in cars??? Ain't fu**ing cool?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

G.

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry m8 but you've got it wrong as the new S3 will use a mildly tuned version of the 3.2 V6 FSI (as seen in the new A6) pumping 280bhp and not a 2.0 Turbo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong! Wrong and more wrong!
The 3.2liter FSI that are in the A6 has nothing in common with the 3.2 in the A3! the 3.2FSI that are in the A6 are build for cars with the engine mounthed in the driving direction and the a3 has the engine in the oposite direction! So that engine will never fit in the A3! The A6 engine is also an real V6 and not an VR6 witch makes it alot bigger and vill nerver fit!

A wager is called for then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Guys let's make a poll and see who wins the wager /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

G

Here we go then....

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1094893632ilclifford">

What sort of engine do you expect for the new S3 (8P)...
<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Tuned version of 2.0T FSI engine...
<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />Turbo version of existing 3.2 V6 from A3...
<input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />Tuned version of 3.2 V6 FSI from new B7 A4 or new A6...
<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

[ QUOTE ]
ilclifford said:
Jojo... I should know, that was the info I posted... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies... just scrolled up to re-read the thread Doh!, was too busy looking at the answers available for the poll you posted, and don't agree with any of them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RastaS4 said:
Guys let's make a poll and see who wins the wager /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

G

[/ QUOTE ]

only 6 votes... man!!! Anyways, I hope it will be the 3.2 V6 Fsi turbocharged... ohhhhhhhh can you imagine 350 bhp without any mods an such a small car!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

G

[ QUOTE ]
berts S3 said:
They should put 2.0t motor in it and head back to the rallying and return to the good old days of audi kicking ar$e.

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree entirely9( i am the other spurs fan) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif