Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    Oil running through my veins.

Status

APX VS BAM engines..

Hi guys, ive had a search through google, and the forum, and i've pretty much rounded the difference down to three things...

1. APX 225 engine was made earlier, i.e. production started in 1998 whereas the BAM engine was only available in 2001

2. APX engine is non VVT and bam is VVT... is there any advantages or disadvantages to having VVT?

3. APX engine was only fitted to the TT whereas the BAM engine was in the S3, Cupra + TT.. Are all these correct?

As far as i can see, both engines have forged internals, 225 engine with the Ko4 turbo, side mount intercoolers etc. Large port head etc..

Can anyone tell me any other differences, positive and negatives of each engine code.. If you had a choice between the two, which one would you go for?

Any help much appriciated.

Shy
    Totally addicted to boost.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Mine is a S3 210BHP when was standard. Fitted is the KO4 turbo. There is a difference with the accelerator aswell on the eraly ones they are cable and the later ones are electronic. Mine is electronic. Mine isnt the Bam engine though
    Nogaro Blue 2001 S3 Quattro, Cream leather interior. Miltek Cat back, Induction kit, KO4 Hybrid Turbo, Chipped Remap, Power Boost Valve, Forge RC DV, Compbrake Racing 4 Pot Calipers with 2piece 350x32mm Conversion Front, 2 piece 330x20mm Compbrake Conversion on Back, Discs are Powervane Racing Rotors Gas slotted and internally veined. Hawk Hps Pads, Goodridge Braided lines to Calipers. Bose Symphony sound system. Compbrake Quickshift and side shift. Big thanks to www.Vagperformance.co.uk

2nd Gear

Status
    from what ive read, difference between the APX and the BAM is the second point you made. As for advantages and disadvantages, I would also like to know.
    Current

Porsche Cayman S

Gone but not forgotten
    Audi S3:Blueflame TBE; 3" blueflame downpipe; Forge 007p; jabbasport custom map; Badger 5 TIP v1, various bushes, N249 Bypass, Stack Boost Gauge, Junior GT Brembo brakes, tarox 2 part discs, DS2500's