APX VS BAM engines..

Shy19s

Oil running through my veins.
Reaction score
Hi guys, ive had a search through google, and the forum, and i've pretty much rounded the difference down to three things...

1. APX 225 engine was made earlier, i.e. production started in 1998 whereas the BAM engine was only available in 2001

2. APX engine is non VVT and bam is VVT... is there any advantages or disadvantages to having VVT?

3. APX engine was only fitted to the TT whereas the BAM engine was in the S3, Cupra + TT.. Are all these correct?

As far as i can see, both engines have forged internals, 225 engine with the Ko4 turbo, side mount intercoolers etc. Large port head etc..

Can anyone tell me any other differences, positive and negatives of each engine code.. If you had a choice between the two, which one would you go for?

Any help much appriciated.

Shy

Mine is a S3 210BHP when was standard. Fitted is the KO4 turbo. There is a difference with the accelerator aswell on the eraly ones they are cable and the later ones are electronic. Mine is electronic. Mine isnt the Bam engine though

from what ive read, difference between the APX and the BAM is the second point you made. As for advantages and disadvantages, I would also like to know.