TT or S3?

Copperpot

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just been over in the S3 forum as i'm stuck between the 2. Is thre much difference between the 2 other then being a coupe/hatchback? Same performance etc etc?

Does it just come down to looks? :)

lol, um my reason is because i drive a S3,

but i did look at them both and the S3 just felt alot better,

I would say S3 as well, just looks a better car (I also have one) and more practical than the TT, for me anyway....

depends if you need to fit in more than 2 people, tt if you dont, s3 if you do!!

It's an interesting question. I have both a S3 and a TT. Wife drives the TT. Have to say I much prefer the S3 as more of a drivers car. The TT is lovely out and about on tight slower roads. If you really want to drive something, the S3 is much better.

For practicality, the S3 can sit 4 people, TT only 2, S2 back seats go down if you need to carry stuff. But, if there's only 2 of you and you only ever need to carry the shopping or a couple of cases, all that goes in the TT fine.

Roy.

S3 for me, still think the 8L S3 looks the business, although the old TT still looks the business also, but me thinks the S3 is maybe a better drive.

Mark

A good friend of mine has a 03 225 TT and I have to say, I think it drives better than mine, and the Bose stereo sounds way better, probably due to the accoustics of the car. But for practicality S3 all the way, I find the TT a bit feminine also *Runs and hides*

Hey guys,

Just been over in the S3 forum as i'm stuck between the 2. Is thre much difference between the 2 other then being a coupe/hatchback? Same performance etc etc?

Does it just come down to looks? :)

I know exactly how you feel, I went out 9 months ago to buy a TT 225, drove 3 or 4 and found them really bland and boring :sorry: So i tried a stock s3 225 and it just felt so much better. Anyway to cut a long story short at the time i ended up buying a modified S3 and i love it.

However with the prices of stuff still dropping I am really tempted to sell the beasty S3 and buy a TT 3.2 V6, the #1 reason being i cant get that low slung sports car feeling out of the s3.

Best advice i can give you is go out with an open mind and drive all the models you can get yourself into and base your decision on what feels best. Either that or give me a big wedge of cash for my S3 and i will go hunt down a TT :eyebrows:

225 TT for me! 100% straight with a young girly with massive hooters! She loves it!

I do like the S3, it still looks good with the flared arches but the mk1 TT is a classic and much nicer inside. You get exactly the same engine to tweak about with, the choice is yours!

The decider for me would be that the TT is common and the S3 not so.

A3's are more common and apart from the door mirrors an S3 looks much like an A3 with a nice wheel option!

Having had a TT and S3 my vote goes for S3 it has Quattro as Standard FWD TT's are awful in my opinion. Quattro TT's are OK but on balance it's S3 or even A5/S5:idea:

S3 every time
Photo0007.jpg

S3 anyday. Like 1animal1 said if you drop the soap buy a TT but if you want a practical hatch go for the S3.

Can't beat S3, you have the speed and you can still get plenty of people in it as for me my family.